Audit Manager - Lending
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Audit Manager - Lending
in San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Plano, TX, Tampa, FL, or
Charlotte, NC. Relocation assistance to our TX, FL, and AZ
locations is available for this position. Remote work is not
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For-, and we've ranked among Victory Media's
Top 10 Military Friendly- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
PURPOSE OF JOB
Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the audit
lifecycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical
business impacts, integrating audits with IT, analytics, and
projects and reviewing work papers. May lead engagements as
Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Maintains knowledge of financial services
regulations. Creates and independently performs complex work
assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based
assurance and advisory engagements.
Leverages results from engagements and continuous monitoring
activities to assist Audit Leadership in updating risk
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job RequirementsPRIMARY
- Primarily serves as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and main point of
contact for the business through Audit engagements. -
- Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the
- Leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special
reviews and investigations.
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of complex test work
during audit activities.-
- Executes audit documentation techniques including key risks and
controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions and
assigning appropriate issue severity.
- Manages day to day engagement-related efforts and assignments
of Audit team members with varying degrees of expertise and
experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge
- Develops and independently updates risk & control matrix at the
engagement level for each engagement
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports
and conducts continuous monitoring activity documentation.
- Reviews work of team members; providing feedback/questions and
completes audit team end of engagement evaluations when
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Makes recommendations for severity ratings to Senior Audit
- May communicate with regulators.
- Utilizes and provides guidance to team members on the use of
audit business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create
queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple
sources to ensure valid conclusions from audit testing are
- Identifies control weaknesses and
- opportunities for improvement in the current operating
environment and provides recommendations for corrective action;
drafts the related audit issues and audit reports with oversight
from audit leadership for issuance to respective client leadership
and coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities.
- Leads team audit activities and provides feedback on planning
and scoping, and review of risk assessment and testing that
demonstrates critical thinking ability.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners to help
drive strategic objectives with the business and effectively
challenges business action plans.- Communicates effectively with
the business/clients and delivers risk-based and difficult messages
regarding issues and control weaknesses to ensure proper risk
- Provides day to day coaching guidance and on the job training
to team members to ensure development, quality and timely audit
- Provides information from audit results and insight to assists
Audit Leadership in the updating of risk profiles and risk
assessments related to the engagement.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology OR four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of internal audit principles or initiative to
examine, analyze, assess, and draw conclusions from audit work and
present findings to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback
to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- Audit experience, specifically with Credit Cards and Auto
- Experience working at a large financial institution
- Experience completing complex integrated audits end to end -
Prepare Risk and Control Matrix, Oversee completion of fieldwork
testing - Control Design, Operating Effectiveness, Substantive
testing, Draft Audit Issues and Report
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Strong Communication skills - written and oral
- Experience working as an -Auditor In Charge- on multiple
engagements at a time.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions.- This will take approximately 5 minutes.- Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not able to change your responses.The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Compensation:-USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The salary
range for this position is: $80,200.00 - 144,500.00 *(this does not
include geographical differential, it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.----Benefits:-At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness.- These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs.- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.-
Keywords: USAA, Gilbert , Audit Manager - Lending, Accounting, Auditing , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!