Medical Billing A/R Manager
Company: Ironwood Cancer & Research
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Description Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful
state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Women's Centers, with
locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one
provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of
cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team
approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation
oncology, women's centers, diagnostic imaging services, social
service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic
counseling. Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing
quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and
needs of each individual. Overview: We are currently looking for a
medical billing/accounts receivable manager. The AR Manger is
responsible for the overall functions of an accounts receivable
team and supervises the daily operations of Government/Commercial
billing AR. This is a full-time, day-shift position working a
Monday - Friday schedule. Essential Duties and
- Supervises a team of AR representatives
- Monitors AR Reps daily productivity
- Performs department audits and reviews
- Reviews and audits accounts and/or follow-up documents for
outstanding AR issues
- Responsible for ensuring all billing systems are running
- Aids staff and intervenes as necessary in contacting insurance
and/or third party organizations by telephone, correspondence or
meetings to resolve issues impairing reimbursement and secure
reimbursement for billed services.
- Monitors denial and aging reports on a regular basis and alerts
staff and management of any reimbursement issues that arise.
- Prepares, performs, and reports on all adjustments correctly as
needed in accounts.
- Reviews, addresses and distributes insurance
- Oversight of insurance/patient refunds.
- Runs productivity and audit reports as needed
- Performs all billing functions as needed
- Educates and trains AR reps in all areas including: computer
system, AR terminology, insurance reimbursement issues, appeal
processes, company policies, etc.
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Provides staff developmental goals, feedback and corrective
actions via Annual reviews, training, 1:1 and team meetings
- Overall accountability for assigned AR team Minimum
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of governmental, legal and regulatory provisions
related to collection activities.
- Knowledge of CPT, DX, HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Accounting knowledge.
- Must be able to type and work on a computer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, and Internet.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college experience a plus.
- Experience handling HR related issues preferred
- Five years of medical billing experience required (preferably
in a large multi-specialty office)
- Three years of Supervisory experience requiredWe offer a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including
health/dental/vision and life insurance, 401K, and a caring work
environment. We are an E.O.E. As a Healthcare provider/ we will
require all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated. Federal
guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations
with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested
accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in
advance of your start date.Visit our website at
www.ironwoodcrc.com. "Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a
Keywords: Ironwood Cancer & Research, Gilbert , Medical Billing A/R Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!