Senior Audit Manager- Compliance (Remote)
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Audit Manager for
our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or
Charlotte, NC or 100% remote work environment.
Remote work is available for candidates who do not live in a
location where USAA has a physical office.
If on location: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative,
and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the
best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and
working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The
actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the
Manages audit engagements, varying in complexity, and often
participates in complex, cross-functional risk-based assurance and
advisory engagements driving quality of audit work. May lead
engagements as Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Maintains knowledge of
financial services regulations and effectively responds and
interacts with regulators. Provides oversight to multiple audit
engagements and participates in review of engagement planning,
fieldwork and reporting. Manages strategic initiatives and assists
with the development and implementation of a risk-based audit plan.
Serves, and/or partners with subject matter expert(s) within audit
or the business to analyze issues, establish collaborative client
relationships, and proactively work with client management to
assess risk and improve internal controls. Adheres to the Institute
of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise regarding
effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full
Enterprise taxonomy and challenges business management to adopt
appropriate policies and procedures and effective controls designed
to mitigate risks.
- Manages audit engagement-related efforts and assignments of
staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when
conducting engagements, specialized audits or business audits
recognizing the cross-matrixing and cross-functionality within the
specialized functions/business areas.
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads continuous
monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and
- Ensures assigned audit engagements are completed objectively,
professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and
industry audit standards.
- Approves the engagement risk and control matrix and scope of
the audit for final review and approval by Audit Leadership.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for
improvement in the current operating environment providing
recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related audit
issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client
leadership conducting follow-up activities.
- Responsible for quality of audit reviews with final signoff of
work papers; proposes and/or recommends updates to the universe
risk assessment of the entity based on audit results.
- Leads team activities and provides feedback to the team on
audit activities related to planning and scoping, testing and
sampling methodology and testing conclusions that demonstrate
critical thinking ability.
- Builds and enhances client relationships across the
organization for areas of responsibility helping to drive strategic
objectives with the business.
- Communicates effectively with business/clients to include
delivering both risk-based and difficult messages. - May be asked
to communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Provides recommendations on staffing assignments to audit
leadership and guidance to staff members.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors ensuring
timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables. - - -May
deliver audit team end of engagement evaluations.
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe
and audit entities risk profile. Updates universe risk assessment
information with current and applicable research and industry
- Participates in development of the Audit annual plan for
assigned areas of responsibility including proper assessment and
coverage of risks and emerging risks and
- assists with execution of the annual plan.Minimum
Education:Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information TechnologyFour
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Broad and comprehensive experience in Audit theory, internal
audit principles with demonstrated experience in audit examining,
analyzing, assessing, and drawing conclusions from audit work.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and influencing
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback
to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Experience in overseeing work with both internal and external
partners in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- Understanding of consumer compliance regulatory requirements
such as SCRA, MLA, FDPA, FCRA, UDAAP, Regulation Z, etc. combined
with experience in a banking environment, specifically, mortgage,
deposits, credit card, consumer lending, etc.
- Proactively and independently delivers high quality, timely
audit reports and issue validations
- Demonstrates strong understanding of consumer compliance within
a bank setting and is able to keep to date on the latest regulatory
trends and assess its impact to USAA.
- Coordinates and prepares regulatory deliverables and responses
related to the role
- Manages an Internal Audit team and regularly performs budget
vs. actual analysis
- Integrates technology into audit practices and methodology
- Performs and provides oversight of continuous monitoring
- Provides consumer compliance focused consultation services to
- Collaborates across Internal Audit teams to provide
comprehensive coverage across the audit plan
- Engages and takes ownership of strategic initiatives to achieve
continuous improvement within the team
- Approaches challenging and complex environments with
intellectual curiosity and an open mind
- CRCM preferredThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 -
$192,300*( this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
-Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. - -Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class
benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional
wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Gilbert , Senior Audit Manager- Compliance (Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!