Administrative Assistant - Part Time
Company: Timmons Group, Inc.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology
firm recognized nationally as a Best Firm to Work For by CE News.
We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while
cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen
offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil
engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial
technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a
diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons
Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting
projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work
environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package
strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit:
www.timmons.com. We are currently seeking an experienced
Administrative Assistant to join our Gilbert, AZ office location
PART TIME. Timmons Group is a values-based organization with a
compelling and focused vision for explosive growth .The successful
candidate will enjoy a tremendous opportunity to impact the culture
and effectiveness of their group.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not
- Creating unforgettable first impressions for clients, employees
and anyone who visits our office.
- Provide support to our internal clients:
- Prepare letters to clients and Letters of Agreement.
- Type/Copy correspondence.
- Prepare and process Change Orders.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and contracts, as
- Proofread specifications and reports.
- Prepare and bind specifications and reports.
- Coordinate the process of local billings to clients as well as
financial project reports to PMs.
- Order office supplies and ensure proper inventory is
- Maintain copier and blueprint operations (ensuring toner,
paper, etc. are stocked at appropriate levels).
- Provide back-up support for the front desk and other
administrative assistants as needed.
- Events planning for firmwide as well as group employee and
client events. Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate
include but are not limited to:
- An Absolute Fetish for Organization You are the kind of person
who counts down the days until the next Container Store catalog
arrives! Your hangers are equally spaced in your closet. Flawless,
effortless, second-nature organization, from a tidy inbox to a
passion for tearing apart current filing practices only to replace
them with shiny sparkling new-and-improved systems. An inherent
affinity for creating and maintaining order in the face of
impending chaos is essential to ensure that you love coming to work
- Sedulous Communicator Communicating incessantly with the rest
of the team, making sure the most minute details are handled with
the same care as the big stuff. Knowing when to ask questions.
Asking questions is the only way to ensure that we are all on the
same page to make sure that everything gets done without
duplication of effort.
- Multi-tasking - Ability to take on a fierce deadline without
letting day-to-day responsibilities inherent to the job fall by the
wayside. Must be able to spin the plates while on the phone, in the
car and still really enjoy it!
- Firefighter - Thinking on your feet when things go awry (and
they do go awry) and coming up with a second and equally
appropriate plan of attack.
- Authority Challenger Unafraid to question the status quo with
the requisite degree of respect. Challenging old systems and
sometimes less-than-current ideas while still making the trains run
- Collaborator You share your ideas and feedback freely and
encourage others to do the same. No pride of authorship, always
looking to find a word or a way that is just a little bit better -
just a little closer to perfect no matter whose idea it is. You are
more interested in whats right rather than whos right!
- Eye for aesthetics You know it when you see it and you want it
to look just right!
- Superstar and Role Player All-in-One - Balancing the fun and
challenging things with the necessary evils (faxing/filing, etc.)
and doing so efficiently and gracefully.
- Timing - Know who to bug, when, and how often for the things
you need. When things get busy, people become unresponsive and you
have to find a diplomatic way to get in their face, get what you
need and get out without anyone getting hurt.
- Quick Study - Must have lightning-fast awareness as well as the
crucial capability to translate previous knowledge into any new
situation and figure stuff out.
- Sure Fire That rare and endearing quality the ability to stare
down the barrel of a loaded Principal who needs something- I mean
really needs it and communicate, convince, confirm with only a head
nod or a raised eye brow that you get it - that he or she can count
on it - consider it done take it to the bank.
- Irreverence and Levity A unique ability to take the work very
seriously without taking oneself too seriously.
- Energy & Enthusiasm Thrives on a frenetic pace and lives for
multi-tasking. Contagious enthusiasm for the work you do and for
the people with whom you interact. Passion for making others
- Thriftiness An inability to treat the firms resources in any
other way than you would your own.
- Initiative This appears in every job description you see for a
reason. That crucial element of making sure that nothing slips
through the cracks; its stepping up to the plate and taking on
something that could otherwise go undone.Have we piqued your
interest? . . . if you are seriously interested and fully
qualified, submit your resume and salary requirements through our
website.We anticipate getting lots of resumes, so make sure you
distinguish yourself as the obvious choice for an interview!The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.We are looking for high energy, creative,
flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a
dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our companys
Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.Timmons Group is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Timmons Group, Inc., Gilbert , Administrative Assistant - Part Time, Administration, Clerical , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!