Company: Pinal County
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Overall Job Objective
Description JOB SUMMARY
Perform a wide variety of administrative and technical support
functions of a highly responsible nature in relieving a Director or
Elected Official of technical, organizational and administrative
duties under basic supervision. Example of Duties Work in this
classification requires an individual to be able to perform the
essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty
associated with this classification may not be described herein,
employees may be required to perform duties not specifically
spelled out in this classification description, but which may be
reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their
duties just as though they were actually written out in this
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Manage operations of an assigned work group, make appropriate
decisions based on experience, and perform work within the scope of
authority and training.
- Manage, train, and schedule staff, monitor work and evaluate
performance, explain rules, policies, and procedures, and meet
regularly with staff to discuss and resolve priorities, workflow,
special assignments, special projects, problems, schedules,
cross-training, and client service issues.
- Coordinate activities and projects between department staff,
other County staff, and outside agencies.
- Provide information and assistance to staff, clients, and
customers, answer questions and resolve issues within scope of
authority, using knowledge of County and department policies and
procedures, research information requests, and respond
independently to inquiries when appropriate.
- Perform experienced clerical, technical, and administrative
duties, including special projects, special program activities,
managing calendars, coordinating activities, data management,
record keeping, research, and providing informed and confidential
technical assistance to customers and perform duties in accordance
with County policy and procedures and within scope of
- Use knowledge of County policies and state and federal
regulations to assist work group with County administrative support
functions, technical procedures, and program administration,
explain rules, policies, and procedures, and work independently,
and make appropriate decisions based on experience.
- Exercise initiative in performing technical assignments and
resolving problems, develop and create technical and operational
documents and reports, apply judgment and knowledge of the
operations of the work group to resolve problems and make work
process decisions, and refer matters requiring policy
interpretation to supervisor for resolution.
- Manage special projects and programmatic assignments, covering
a wide variety of subjects requiring knowledge of the procedures
and policies of the assigned Department and create, review, edit,
and process memoranda, technical documents, and other
- Maintain department files and library, collect and compile
statistical data, develop and create administrative, technical, and
statistical reports, and update manual and computer records and
- Purchase and distribute supplies and equipment and manage
inventory, work with vendors, verify deliveries and services, and
resolve customer service and technical issues.
- Work on budgets, travel expenses, reimbursements, and/or
financial reports, as assigned.
- Provide experienced customer service, information, and
assistance to visitors, staff, and others having business with the
County using knowledge of County policies and procedures and assist
customers with requests, applications, government forms, and other
- May supervise daily activities of clerical staff.
- Work on various assignments, special projects, special program
activities, and coordinating activities for Managers and
- Review, research, and provide informed and confidential
technical assistance to Managers, staff, and customers.
- Explain policies and procedures to staff and make appropriate
decisions based on experience.
- Work independently and exercise initiative in performing
technical assignments and resolving problems.
- Manage Directors, Deputy Directors and/or other calendars,
scheduling of meetings and coordinating activities.
- Assist in various aspects of the recruitment process.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues,
customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required. Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Five (5) years of administrative work experience, including two
(2) years in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or
experience may substitute for the minimum requirements. Preferred
- Valid Arizona State Driver's License.
- Associate's Degree.
- Specific technical training and certification may be required
for some incumbents. Supplemental Information Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, and regulations
covering specific areas of assignment.
- Knowledge of Federal and state laws and local ordinances
covering specific areas of assignment.
- Knowledge of County administration policies, including
accounting, budgeting, payroll, and personnel regulations.
- Knowledge of principles of record keeping, scheduling records
retention, and confidential records management.
- Knowledge of specialized County and state agency technical
forms, software applications, and network operating
- Knowledge of customer service principles, protocols and
- Knowledge of business computers and standard MS Office software
- Skill in interpreting and explaining policies and procedures of
- Skill in researching, compiling, and reviewing data for special
projects, and preparing narrative and statistical reports.
- Ability to work independently and maintain composure and
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, multi-tasking
environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to understand and apply relevant rules, ordinances,
codes, regulations, policies, procedures, administrative orders,
and other governing regulations.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within
established procedural guidelines.
- Ability to meet critical time deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise staff, as
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with County policy and
procedures, and within scope of authority.
- Ability to provide effective and quality customer service and
deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work is sedentary requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. The work also requires the ability to
finger, feel, handle, reach, perform repetitive motion, hear,
speak, stoop, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Work is performed in a safe and secure work environment that may
periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
Keywords: Pinal County, Gilbert , Administrative Manager, Administration, Clerical , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!