Financial Reporting Analyst (Mid - Level) - Retail Bank Regulatory Reporting (Hybrid Work Location)
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Financial Reporting
Analyst for our San Antonio, Phoenix, Plano or Charlotte facility.
Prepares and delivers financial statements and regulatory reports
and analysis used by internal and external stakeholders to meet
regulatory and compliance reporting requirements. Performs
appropriate research, prepares and reviews complex financial and
regulatory reports and completes significant business and
operational analytics while adhering to internal controls over
financial reporting. Supports audits and examinations and interacts
frequently with internal and external auditors and regulatory
examiners.The Financial Reporting Analyst I is responsible for the
preparation, peer review, and analysis of Holding Company &
Subsidiary regulatory reports, primarily including Broker-Dealer
FOCUS reporting, FR Y-10, FR Y-6, FR Y-9C, and FFIEC 009.The
Financial Reporting Analyst I will serve as the central coordinator
for all of the teams manual data request repositories, maintained
in SharePoint and Wdesk. The role also entails development and
maintenance of procedures detailing the team's processes, including
recommending and implementing process and procedure enhancements.
As a member of the Holding Company & Subsidiary regulatory
reporting team, this role serves as a regulatory reporting subject
matter expert, through assessment and review of change management
initiatives resulting from internal and external change
initiatives.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Utilizes broad industry and accounting knowledge in the
end-to-end delivery and preparation of moderately complex to
complex financial and regulatory reporting requirements to include
Bank Holding Company reporting, Enterprise GAAP reporting and/or
- Performs detailed, peer review of reports in addition to
audited statements and support schedules in preparation for final
review by management.
- Interprets and understands financial results and regulatory
information as well as business and financial statement
interrelationships, and provide informed, proactive analysis and
business insights for analytical review to enable effective
decision-making for financial and regulatory reporting.
- Assists with audits, examinations and ad-hoc surveys by
coordinating receipt of support from business partners and
preparation of supporting work papers and schedules. May lead
individual components of audits or examinations.
- Responsible for internal controls to ensure proper referencing
for peer and management review documentation over owned reports and
- May assist in the preparation of responses to special surveys
and data calls from state and regulatory bodies.
- Researches and provides recommendations regarding changes to
reports as assigned, including new line items and updated
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of a
- Drafts and may deliver disclosures, technical memos,
presentations and other supporting documentation.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. OR
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of experience preparing and delivering financial
statements and regulatory reports in the financial services
industry, Bank Holding Company or relevant work experience.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications
- 2 years of experience conducting research and preparing
business and operation financial analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP).When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Bank holding company and broker-dealer regulatory reporting
- High proficiency in Microsoft suite of products - Word, Excel,
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and banking regulatory reporting rules
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Strong capability to work both collaboratively and
independently to meet tight deadlines, and flexibility in handling
moving targets and multiple competing priorities
- Ability to coordinate and work closely with other impacted
business units, including the lines of business, legal and
compliance.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $66,300 - $119,500*Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. *Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Gilbert , Financial Reporting Analyst (Mid - Level) - Retail Bank Regulatory Reporting (Hybrid Work Location), Advertising , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!