Vocational Instructor Electrical
Company: Core Civic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good. We are currently seeking aVocational
Instructorwho has a passion for providing the highest quality care
in an institutional, secure setting.Come join a team that is
dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we
The Vocational Instructor performs instructional services of
vocational and/or occupational subjects, such as business,
computers/technology, carpentry, plumbing and trades which are
designed to help inmates/students learn specified subject matter
and acquire vocational skills.
- Prepare course objectives following curriculum standards and
applicable requirements by contract.
- Plan and document a program of study that meets the individual
needs and abilities of students.
- Provide instruction using handouts, texts, audiovisual aids and
other materials. Evaluate students' performance and issue progress
reports as required. Assist students with additional instruction as
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Three years of full-time, wage-earning experience in the
subject vocational trade or in career readiness skills to include
technical trade experience; or three years of experience as a
certified instructor teaching in the specific trade or subject area
- Must possess or be eligible for certification and/or license,
or other credentials required by contract and/or state of
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon
obtaining and/or maintaining required agency credentials.
- Must have the ability to give clear instructions in the trade
and/or vocational area.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Instructors teaching Computers or Horticulture may substitute a
Bachelor's degree in the field of study related to the work
assignment for the experience requirement.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: Core Civic, Gilbert , Vocational Instructor Electrical, Education / Teaching , Eloy, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!