Reliability Engineer II
Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Location: Ray MineCurrent # Open: 1Employee Type: Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Reliability Engineer IIPOSITION CODE:
A24401POSITION OVERVIEWThe Reliability Engineer II reports to the
General Supervisor- Engineering. This position provides technical
advice and guidance for designated Reliability Engineering projects
and programs at the assigned site. The Reliability Engineer II will
manage specific projects as directed and will provide support for
continual improvement in statistical equipment reliability issues,
process control, structural analysis, safety, and other situations
as they may arise. The Reliability Engineer II will take data from
rotating equipment, analyze the data, and make recommendations on
appropriate steps for proper maintenance. ESSENTIAL
- Review, investigate, and develop appropriate recommendations
regarding assigned Reliability Engineering projects.
- With minimum supervision, utilize new technology to upgrade and
improve site safety, equipment reliability, cost controls, quality
controls, and protection of the environment.
- Participate with Operations and Maintenance departments and
other Engineering staff in problem solving efforts to improve
safety, equipment reliability, and protection of the
- Coordinate project activities with Operations and Maintenance
departments to improve equipment maintenance availability and other
- Ensure appropriate documentation for assigned projects are
prepared and review documentation for accuracy.
- Participate on small to medium site construction, expansion, or
- Participate and/or conduct root cause analysis sessions upon
- Develop working knowledge of local, state, and federal
regulations appropriate to area of assignment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to understand and interpret nonverbal symbolism
(formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) along with abstract
and concrete variables.
- Must have good computer skills with MS Windows, MS Excel, MS
Outlook, and knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Safely acquire data from mine site equipment while in
operation. Data may include: vibration, ultrasonic, infrared
images, and oil sampling.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of probability and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Reliability
- Able to search and analyze data of considerable complexity and
draw valid conclusions.
- Experience / familiarity of rotating equipment
- Experience with condition monitoring technologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational
hazards and safety precautions.
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or
employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking
to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to read plant, electrical, and equipment
- Ability to write routine reports and maintenance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Customer quality visits and related team involvement.
- Must be able to perform fieldwork, walk over rough terrain,
sit, stand, bend, climb stairs/ladders.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or
- Completion of Reliability Engineering courses.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP)
- Experience in Category II Vibration analyst or higher.
- 2 years minimum experience working in a Maintenance or
Reliability Engineering role.
- Experience in conducting Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and
Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Experience with CSI data collector (AMS 2140) and Machinery
Health Manager (MHM) software.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and
safety-related instructions and procedures given in
- Willing to attend RCM technologies trainings.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job
assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects
up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday.
- Must be able to walk over rough terrain, climb stairs/ladders,
work on elevated platforms, and work in dusty/wet/cold/hot
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work
in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including
hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and
as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing,
gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety
& Health awareness including completion of applicable MSHA
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.ASARCO
LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a
current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are
contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.ASARCO LLC offers
an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/
dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other
optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.The Ray mine
is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles northeast of
Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage
employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their
commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , Reliability Engineer II, Engineering , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!