Power Distribution Engineer
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Job DetailsWhat you will doYou will perform in a lead design
role for electrical power distribution systems related to mission
critical data center applications. Functions include power
distribution design and electrical planning of mission critical
data center equipment (Modular Data Centers and Modular Power
Rooms), electrical manufacturing design and liaising with clients,
vendors, internal customers, and project teams to ensure projects
and products are successfully completed through the entire
lifecycle. Assistance is available for this position to support
relocation to the Edmonton, AB area.
How you will do itProvide electrical design and technical support
in order to ensure practical business and technical solutions
- Confer with engineers, project managers, customers, and other
stakeholders to discuss existing or potential electrical projects
- Provide hands-on project support through planning, design,
estimating, procurement, manufacturing, and job site specific
- Design electrical power distribution systems and electrical
design for manufactured modular data centers and power rooms.
- Create detailed full-scope electrical design drawings and
wiring schematics related to modular data center and power room
- Perform detailed calculations to facilitate the design and
coordination of electrical power distributions systems for mission
- Work with vendors to design and select power distribution
equipment associated with mission critical power distribution
systems including but not limited to switchgear, distribution
boards, transformers, UPS and batteries and EPMS systems.
- Establish manufacturing, construction, and installation
standards and specifications related to electrical power
distribution design for modular data center equipment.
- Operate computer-assisted design software and equipment to
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction,
installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing
activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and
- Provide senior leadership for and supervise subordinate
engineers, technologists, drafters and administration
- Be involved and contribute to internal QA/QC program, perform
factory inspections, and provide technical direction for
improvements and solutions to problems.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to
ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and
compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply
principles of electrical theory to projects.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
- Investigate and test products.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are
completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of
electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that
installation and operations conform to standards and customer
- Investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of
problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and
other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we look forRequired:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required
- Registered Professional Engineer in good standing
- 4+ years of related experience in power distribution design and
- Strategic electrical routing and designing using CAD
- Commitment to continuous technical learning and personal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to field worksite locations including
domestic United States and occasional international travel
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Gilbert , Power Distribution Engineer, Engineering , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!