Company: Hunter Contracting Co.
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Job Purpose: - - - - - - - - - - - -Reviews and administers
predefined activities and assists with the management of projects
from award to completion through a cooperative effort with the
Estimator, Project Superintendent, Project Manager, Project Sponsor
and Field Ops Manager to ensure that the goals and objectives of
the projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and
funding parameters. -Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- -Project Schedules - Maintains project schedules current with
input received from Project Superintendent and Project
- Project Schedules - Updates project schedules' weekly
scheduling board and distributes minutes from scheduling
- Job Costs - Reviews job costs weekly quantities for input.
- Job Costs - Reviews and evaluate job costs.
- Job Costs - Researches suspicious job costs items and has
appropriate corrections made.
- Time Cards - Reviews time cards for accuracy and
- Time Cards - Reviews time cards for equipment utilization.
- Reviews field receipts (delivery tickets) for proper and
- Material Tracking - Develops manual tracking system for
monitoring quantities (yield).
- Material Tracking - Updates and reviews manual tracking
- Material Tracking - Researches suspicious manual tracking
entries and yields, has appropriate corrections made.
- Develops Daily Cost/Production Reports on key items, selected
by the Project Manager and/or Division Manager.
- Prepares correspondence as necessary.
- Reviews all project plans, specifications and estimates.
- Becomes familiar with project requirements and scope.
- Develops list of special requirements.
- Submittals - Develops list of required submittals.
- Submittals - Obtains/secures necessary submittal
- Submittals - Reviews submittal documents for conformance with
the project requirements.
- Submittals - Prepares document for submittals.
- Submittals - Maintains log for tracking submittals.
- Develops list of required permits.
- Prepares permit applications.
- Obtains permits.
- Prepares project setup notebook and distributes to project
- Attends project pre-planning meetings.
- Develops detailed project construction schedule (Primavera) in
cooperation with the Project Manager and Project
- Develops project cash flow (revenue) reports from project
- Attends agency pre-construction conference, prepares, and
distributes minutes of meeting to project team.
- Attends agency weekly project meeting.
- Processes change orders.
- Prepares and processes force accounts and back charges.
- Performs special assignments as required by the Project Manager
and/or Division Manager.
- Assists with the project close out; quantity take-offs,
as-builts, and input job cost histories.
- Prepares project progress estimates.
- Attends monthly supervisory meeting and weekly project
- Visits projects on a regular basis.
- Prepares for and attends all meetings, as required.
- Estimates as assigned; take offs, research, vendor
- Adheres to all Hunter Contracting Co. safety policies,
procedures, and instructions from management.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and
- -Has general computer knowledge and experience with Excel,
Word, Suretrak (Primavera).
- Possesses a valid Drivers License.
- Works within precise standards of accuracy.
- Rates information using standards, which can be measured or
- Visualizes three-dimensions out of a two-dimensional plan
- Follows oral and written directions, plans, and contract
- Ability to work long hours; weekend work, and out-of-town work
and a willingness to assume a high level of responsibility.
- Knowledgeable in construction equipment and governmental
- Demonstrates good people skills and oral and written
- Demonstrates a sound technical background in construction
- Encompasses a strategic vision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, adjusts quickly to
shifting priorities, meets deadlines, exercises good judgment, and
handles pressure situations with owners and other
- Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed
- Is open to change and can adjust to shifting priorities. -Helps
others handle organizational and procedural change.
- Water/Wastewater experience a PLUS -Education & Work Experience
Requirements: - - - - - - - - -Bachelor of Science Degree
Preferred; AND/OR, - - - - - - - - -Minimum three (3) years of
experience in related field; OR - - - - - - - - -Any equivalent
combination of experience and training that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities. -
Keywords: Hunter Contracting Co., Gilbert , Project Engineer(s), Engineering , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!