Senior Quality Engineer
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.About AbbottAbbott is a
global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve
people's health. We're always looking towards the future,
anticipating changes in medical science and technology.Abbott's
Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition products for
people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to
keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around
the world count on our leading brands - including Similac -,
PediaSure -, Pedialyte -, Ensure -, Glucerna - and ZonePerfect - -
to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest
life.WORKING AT ABBOTTAt Abbott, you can have a good job that can
grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits
start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) +
vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of
- Tuition reimbursement, the student debt program and education
benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of
countries around the world and named one of the most admired
companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies
to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working
mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
- Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: - The Opportunity - Senior Quality
EngineerThis position works out of our Casa Grande, AZ location in
the Abbott Nutrition Division. - - Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of
six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about
half of its products exported around the world. Working here,
you'll feel part of a family - a family of 480+ that works together
to help nourish the world. -What You'll Work OnThe Senior Quality
Engineer is involved in all aspects of the manufacturing operation
from assessing equipment needs, to documenting installation,
qualification, and ongoing validation of equipment and processes. -
The Quality Engineer is also expected to assist in the
identification and resolution of quality related issues and work
with other areas to resolve issues. - WHAT YOU'LL DO:Essential
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
- Review RCEs, Validation documents, Preventative Maintenance &
Calibration records to identify impact to quality aspects, GMP and
potential product hazards.
- Contribute to development of appropriate process designs and
validation protocols; assist in the design and execution of
validation protocols when required.
- Assist in the development and performance of process capability
studies on manufacturing equipment. Work with equipment reliability
teams on process improvements.
- Assist in development and implementation of quality and
productivity improvement projects.
- Provide Quality Assurance input to the change control program
and maintenance of the Validation Master Plan. Perform periodic
- Assist in exception report root cause analysis, exception
report trending and problem identification and resolution on
Quality Assurance and Validation projects.
- Perform HACCP GMP, IFA, cross connection / backflow, SQF
validation / verification and other quality and compliance audits
- Ensure updates are made to the HACCP and Food Safety Plans
based on impact of changes in the plant from a Hazard Assessment &
Risk based approach.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING:
- Minimum 4+ years of technical experience in a manufacturing
organization AND Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Science
(preferably Manufacturing, Engineering or other related
- Minimum of 4+ years in a manufacturing environment with
emphasis on Quality.
- Technical knowledge of food manufacturing equipment, processes
- Must have HACCP and PCQI certifications.
- Knowledge of Statistical processes and requirements
- 4+ years' experience /knowledge of Food Manufacturing, HACCP,
FSMA regulations, Low Acid Food regulations, Infant Formula
regulations, Aseptic processing and other requirements such as
Kosher and Halal preferred.
- 4+ years working with statistical tools and problem
- Must have strong computer technical skills, data analysis.
- Must be able to work and influence cross functional teams,
self-motivated, design to solve problems and drive programs/teams
to completion. -* Participants who complete a short wellness
assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan.
Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.Learn more about
our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to
help you and your family live full lives: - Follow your career
aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that
can help you build your future and live your best life.Abbott is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a
Military/Veteran Friendly employer.Connect with us at , on Facebook
at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Gilbert , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!