Federal Cloud DevOps Engineer - Sr. Solution Specialist
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Technology, Strategy, and Architecture - Cloud - DevOps Engineer - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do
As a Cloud Engineer you will have multiple responsibilities depending on project type One type of project may involve programming applications to be optimized for the cloud, testing and deploying for production. Another type of project might involve automation, where you take a manual provisioning processes and code them based on a triggered event. From an operational viewpoint, your role may require setting up alarms, event trigger or dashboard to monitor AWS resource workloads. The key responsibilities may involve some or all of the areas listed below:
- Programming applications to be optimized to work within constructs of an AWS environment
- Developing templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions
- Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
- Setting up or managing backups and patching across the environments
- Identifying new tools and processes to improve the cloud platform and automate processes The team
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Overall 6+ years of experience with at least 2 years of AWS experience.
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure/GCP (nice to have). AWS Certifications are preferred.
- Establishing the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor various Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Work with development and operations teams to automate solutions and integrate with other products/solutions.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Hands on experience of DevOps tools including AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, Git
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following toolsets/technologies - Networking (Palo Alto, Cisco DMVPN), Security (Active Directory, Centrify, McAfee, Tenable/Nessus, Trend Micro, Splunk, STIG Hardening), System Administration (RedHat Linux and Windows)
- Willing to take on Production Support
- US Citizenship required Consulting Requirements
- Experience with previous Cloud Migrations is a plus.
- 4+ years of relevant consulting, industry or technology experience
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communicator
- Home office location will be in Orlando, FL
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time Preferred
- AWS certification - Associate/Professional SysOps Administrator
- Active Directory administration
- Experience with VMware products like vRealize
- Experience with cloud automation and container tools like bash scripting, Ansible, Docker, Chef or Puppet
- Working knowledge of ITIL and/or agile methodologies How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte profe ssionals.
- provided by Dice Agile, Architecture, Automated, Bash, Cisco, Consulting, Developer, Development, Excel, GIT, HTML, HTTP, Jenkins, Linux, Management, Metrics, Micro, Networking, Programming, Project, Recruiter, Release, Research, Scripts, Security, Testing, VMware, Windows
Keywords: Deloitte, Gilbert , Federal Cloud DevOps Engineer - Sr. Solution Specialist, Engineering , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!