Cyber Secruity Engineer
Company: Blood Systems
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Under minimal supervision, the Cyber Security Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and implementing cyber security tools, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse systems environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Responsible for supporting cyber security functions across the enterprise.
- Works with Senior Information Security staff to define security best practices and provides guidance to Enterprise Application and Infrastructure teams for continuous process improvements.
- Researches and evaluates proposed application solutions for adherence to documented company standards, policies and regulatory responsibilities.
- Recommends application security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, research information security standards, conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments and identify integration issues.
- Provides advanced support on all aspects of Cyber Security including but not limited to Hardware, Software, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Firewalls/Routers/Switches, Active Directory, Auditing, Logging and Monitoring.
- Responsible for daily review and updating of the Security Operations Monitoring system including but not limited to Intrusion Detection and Prevention system, Vulnerability Scanning, Network Security Incident/Event Monitoring (SIEM) system, Email Security system.
- Works with Infrastructure Operations team to reduce risks to information assets by recommending/implementing controls e.g. encryption, network segmentation, access controls, patch and vulnerability management.
- Participates in incident response and investigations of suspected cyber security events, misuse or compliance reviews.
- Performs assessments to ensure use of established security policies, practices and expectations across all platforms, operating systems and applications.
- Analyzes current attack trends, technologies, and methodologies and design and implement technical and process oriented countermeasures.
- Assess emerging technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Security certification (e.g. GIAC, CISSP) from nationally recognized organization preferred.
- Eight years of progressive experience in Information Technology related roles required. To include:
- Four years of experience in Cyber Security, including firewall, intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-malware products, forensics tools, data encryption, Data Loss Protection, VPNs, vulnerability scanners, multiple operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc.), and directory services (Active Directory, LDAP).
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated understanding of software systems and development concepts including: access, authorization, configuration, design, test & maintenance.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment as an individual contributor.
- Resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
*********************************************************************************************** Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance: EEO is the Law EEO is the Law Supplement Pay Transparency e-Verify
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Keywords: Blood Systems, Gilbert , Cyber Secruity Engineer, Engineering , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!