Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior- IT/IS Risk Management (Remote Work Environment Available)
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business Risk
and Controls Advisor Senior- Technology/Information Security/Risk
Management for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home
Office I, Phoenix Campus or 100% remote work from home
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall
effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk
analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner
and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as
Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support
risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting
business leader adherence to the established risk framework and
ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control
self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control
effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and
compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory
exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk
exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages
risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied
to first line of defense.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what
it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions
of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each
of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best
Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top
10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran
spouses--to apply.USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17
seconds)USAA Careers --- World Class Benefits (31
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.--
Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively
identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.--
Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls, and in
support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives
which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate
regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control
self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product
controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls
and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the
effectiveness of established business controls.
- Responsible for risk data analysis, report preparation and
trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies
opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment
through actionable insights.
- Assists with translating control deficiencies into action plans
and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in
alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to
correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and
implementation phases for effective and timely risk
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for
managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring of
resulting exception cases.--
- Provides control oversight to ensure compliance with laws and
- Serves as a primary resource to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities in a financial services operating environment or other
relevant industry or 6 years of experience in a relevant
quantitative discipline or advanced degree or designation in a risk
management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of experience
supporting risk and/or compliance related activities or PhD in a
risk management or quantitative discipline, and 2 years of
experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions.-- This will take approximately 5
minutes.-- Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience with working with Federal Regulatory Agencies such
as FRB, OCC
- Working experience work with Regulatory Change Management,
implementing laws or regulations.
- Experience work with compliance, assessments, or audit related
- Experience with designing, creating, reviewing, testing and
- Experience creating presentation decks and presenting on a
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with
multiple lines of businesses
- Banking, insurance and/or consulting firm experience working
heavily with industry standards
- Experience with ISO, COBIT, NIST, FFIEC and/or COSO
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs.-- Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement) or must have manager---s approval
prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the
opening is 12/10/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Gilbert , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior- IT/IS Risk Management (Remote Work Environment Available), Executive , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!