Director of Operations - Aerospace
Company: Phoenix Logistics, LLC
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Phoenix Logistics LLC of Phoenix Defense seeks a-- Director of
Operations in Gilbert, AZ-- supporting the aerospace manufacturing
division. SUMMARY: The Director, Operations, directs and manages
manufacturing activity, providing direction and coordination to
producing products for aerospace, defense, and space applications
in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer delivery schedules.
Includes directing manufacturing, warehousing, kitting, receiving,
shipping, production control, directing production schedules,
personnel development and overall business performance.
- Plans manufacturing operations and activities to include
organizing programs to plan, schedule, support and improve
manufacturing efforts. Schedules delivery requirements, maintaining
a scheduled workflow to meet quoted customer need dates of
- Provides overall strategic direction to a variety of
manufacturing operations including fabrication, molding and
assembly of 1553 products, wire & cable harnesses, and other
- Ensures compliance with aerospace/space quality standards,
systems and processes.
- Challenges conventional manufacturing wisdom and develops
innovative production/process techniques. Emphasis is on process
- Drive the continuous improvement of their assigned business.
Implements Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Makes and submits recommendations of capital needs to senior
management to support current and future business growth.
- Fosters a cooperative working relationship with other internal
- Ensures adherence to company policies, safety standards, and
good housekeeping practices.
- Ensures the financial targets are achieved.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and
- 10 years' experience in an aerospace or manufacturing
- Basic understanding of cost accounting cost structures,
indirect rates, etc.
- Experienced user of ERP systems.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines including
engineering, supply chain, business development, quality, and
- Advanced ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Advanced skills in the use of standard MS Office products.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS ABILITIES AND OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Familiarity with aerospace quality standards, systems and
- Exhibits strong planning, organization, and analytical skills,
capable of multitasking.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions,
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability for strong written comprehension and deductive
- Ability to apply advanced negotiation skills to solve internal,
external and customer issues. *Relocation assistance is not
provided. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.--This position is
be operated in an office type environment. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include Close vision while
performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The Company Phoenix Defense has
provided U.S. based aerospace manufacturing services to the
aerospace and defense market's for over 25 years and is on the 2019
& 2020 Inc. 5000 list asone of the fastest-growing private
companies in America. Our prime contractors have included: Boeing,
Northrup Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Bell Helicopter, Sikorsky and
the US Armed Forces. We recognize great talent through empowering
employees to succeed while offering:
- 10 paid Holidays--
- Medical, dental, vision the first of the preceding month after
- Educational Assistance Reimbursement
- LTD, 401k and other optional benefits Phoenix Defense, LLC and
its family of companies maintains a Drug-Free Workplace Program.
Qualifications Education Required Bachelors or better. Experience
Required 10 years: Relevant Experience (Aerospace or Manufacturing)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Phoenix Logistics, LLC, Gilbert , Director of Operations - Aerospace, Executive , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!