Manager, Data Governance
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a
solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a
daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new
ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of
travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center
- we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with
significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more
about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Advance the organization's thinking of data governance
concepts, explaining the benefits of data governance policies and
procedures within the context of the user's needs.
- Define and execute processes to monitor data governance
policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy,
establish consistent data definitions and monitor overall data
- Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and
procedures in existing and new data environments.
- Consult and guide technology leaders on data risk and control
- Validate reference architectures for security best practices
and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risks, where
- Collaborate with Cloud Architects, Cloud Engineering, and Data
Engineering teams to align with security requirements and
- Coordinate with the Data Architects to document data flows of
sensitive information and recommend controls to ensure that this
data is adequately secured.
- Work with the team to evaluate business needs and priorities,
liaise with key business partners and address team needs related to
data systems and data management.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications,
establish and define details, definitions, and requirements of
applications, components, and enhancements.
- Participate in project planning, identifying milestones,
deliverables, and resource requirements, tracks activities and task
- Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data
management, governance, and the integration of structured and
unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to
manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions.
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data
ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise, and providing
As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design,
develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and
rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers
house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers,
architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber
risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse
projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies,
to brand-building and campaign management.
We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline
the value of each individual, providing customized career paths,
fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on
quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team
culture where we work and live close to home with limited
- 8+ years of relevant data management consulting or industry
experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data
governance, data quality, data modeling and data
- 8+ years in data governance execution and/or operationalization
- 8+ years of experience leading workstreams within complex
technology engagements with resources in multiple
- 8+ years of experience in analyzing the status and developing
recommendations to improve accountability, quality, and adherence
to data policies, standards and quality improvement efforts.
- 8+ years of experience in driving solution design and execution
of data governance efforts span across business lines, technology,
and platforms to address enterprise data needs.
- 8+ years of experience performing data audits, identify data
collection issues, suggest improvements and help implement
- 8+ years of experience in defining data security
- 8+ years of experience in defining standard frameworks that
align with overall business and technology strategies.
- 8+ years of data governance execution and/or operationalization
- 8+ years of experience interfacing with ESB's and different
- 8+ years of experience in configuring entity base objects,
entity types, relationship base objects, relationship types and
profiles using hierarchy tool.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Limited Sponsorship: Limited immigration sponsorship may be
- Data quality or data integrity experience.
- Strong research, data interpretation, and analytical
- Experience with data governance and data quality tools (i.e.:
Informatica DQ, Informatica Axon and Collibra).
- Experience defining and adopting data standards and regulations
(i.e.: GDPR, CCA, BCBS, PIPEDA).
- Experience defining data governance stewardship and data
elements certification processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including
presentation skills (i.e.: MS PowerPoint).
- Ability to create critical collaterals for client workshops and
customer interactive sessions.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the
ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Data Governance certification/s (i.e.: DAMA, Certified Data
Management Professional (CDMP) or Data Governance and Stewardship
Travel up to 10%.
Keywords: Deloitte, Gilbert , Manager, Data Governance, Executive , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!