Manager, Learning & Development-La Palma
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven bya deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibilityto
better the public good. We are currently seeking a Manager,
Learning and Development whohas a passion for providing the highest
quality care in an institutional,secure setting. Come join a team
that is dedicated to making an impact forthe people and communities
The Manager, Learning and Development plans and organizes all staff
learning and development activities in compliance with applicable
policies, procedures, rules, regulations and standards. They are
responsible for the supervision and direction of all students,
instructors and learning activities.
- Select qualified instructors and provides direction to ensure
consistency in the delivery of approved lesson plan content
applicable to the facility. Evaluate and provide feedback to ensure
quality of instruction.
- Supervise students assigned to learning and development
programs to include establishing and maintaining student records,
evaluating student comprehension of learning objectives, offering
career guidance, and taking appropriate corrective or disciplinary
- Conduct learning and development sessions and establishes a
positive learning culture by preserving the quality of the learning
and development environment. Minimize disruptions and ensures
safety of all participants to optimize learning and
- In cooperation with facility management, prepare annual
learning and development plan, and ensure compliance with
established schedules to include student attendance, instructor
assignments, training space, and other resources.
- Maintains compliance with current ACA standards by establishing
and administering the facility learning and development programs in
accordance with policy, procedure, and contract requirements.
- Collaborates with employees and supervisors to identify
individual formal/informal learning and development opportunities
to enhance job performance and career development.
- Leads quarterly Learning and Development Committee meetings to
assess and identify facility development needs. Recommends
appropriate formal/informal learning and development activities and
fosters a positive learning culture.
- Participates in the review of policies, procedures, and lesson
plan materials. Prepares revisions and outlines facility-specific
references for appropriate approval.
- Maintains regular communication with facility management and
FSC learning and development staff to discuss facility learning and
development activities, concerns, requests, or plan variances.
Implements any necessary changes.
- Reads and comprehends lesson plans, reference materials,
correspondence, policies, regulations, procedures, reports,
directions, and other simple and moderately complex documents.
- Domestic U.S travel may be required.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Bachelor's degree is required.
- Two years of experience in a criminal justice field is
- One year of experience in training, classroom instruction or
curriculum development is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Additional related work experience may be substituted for the
required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software
applications is required.
- Knowledge of learning management platforms is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE-including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Gilbert , Manager, Learning & Development-La Palma, Executive , Eloy, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!