Convenience Store Assistant Manager
Company: Super Star Car Wash
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Super Star Car Wash is a leader in providing car wash, detail, and
lubrication services to customers in Arizona and California. Our
mission is to provide fast, high quality, professional service in a
friendly atmosphere, along with a smile while creating a reward
team member environment.
The Convenience Store Assistant Manager's primary responsibility is
to assist the Convenience Store Manager with all car wash, detail
and Quick Lube related payment transactions for the Convenience
Store. You will also be responsible for providing exceptional
customer support, maintenance and upkeep of the convenience store
facility, maintain employee relations, develop, train and coach
employees, oversee facility purchasing and cost/inventory controls,
and screen, interview and hire well-qualified applicants for
positions throughout the convenience store.
The majority of the work day is spent at the Cashier counter and
inside the convenience store area, overseeing convenience store
operations, working with cashier associates and building customer
relationships. Additional time will be required to complete
administrative tasks and monitor sales and labor data generated by
the facility POS system.
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or
without reasonable accommodation)
- Direct and supervise employees in the absence of the
Convenience Store Manager
- Execute open and close duties and follow designated
- Assist the Store Manager with inventory control including the
purchasing of goods sold
- Conduct accurate inventory counts to produce desired Gross
Profit % and Loss Control %
- Employee hiring and scheduling and controlling labor costs
- Train and develop cashiers to ensure they have a clear idea of
what is expected of them, standards of acceptable and unacceptable
performance, frequent measurement against these standards, and then
appropriate training to close any performance gaps.
- Sales & Service - Maintain a positive attitude, belief in the
products prices and sales program, and effective delivery
- Conflict resolution, company flowchart and chain of
- Ensure compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, and
policies at all levels:
- Create and maintain a safe work environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments,
taxable and nontaxable items; operating a cash register.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments
from customers; making change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver's
license number; operating credit card authorization system.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of
- Provides pricing information by answering questions.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and
procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Previous cashiering experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years old
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Positive attitude
- Effective communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Initiative and self reliant
- Problem solving ability
- Good judgment and discernment
- Reliability and punctuality
- Service and sales focused
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Team oriented
Requires the ability to interact with others, interpret spoken
messages and utilize reason to resolve complex problems. Requires
keyboarding, hearing and talking, frequent standing and walking,
and frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body,
kneeling, being mobile on uneven surfaces, squeezing and crouching.
Requires frequent lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds (occasional
up to 45#).
This position description is not intended to be and should not be
construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or
working conditions associated with this position. While this
description is intended to accurately reflect the position's
activities and requirements, management reserves the right to
modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Super Star Car Wash is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Completion of training is require of designanted location
Keywords: Super Star Car Wash, Gilbert , Convenience Store Assistant Manager, Executive , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!