Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Ray Mine
Site Location: Kearny, US-AZ, 85237
Position Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports to: General Manager
The Maintenance Manager responsible for leading and managing the
Mine, Mill and L-SX-EW Maintenance and Electrical Departments in a
controlled and stable manner whilst striving for continuous
improvement and ensuring that the health and safety of employees
and contractors are maintained. The position will oversee the
General supervisors of each department and will report directly to
the General Manager.
- Collaboration with Electrical and maintenance personnel in the
execution of maintenance activities in a manner that optimizes and
maximizes the operational outputs.
- Provide strategic guidance to personnel in the Electrical and
- Create a culture that strives for continuous improvement and
implementing low-cost alternatives and solutions for operational
- Actively strive for improvements in tools, equipment, methods,
- Balance maintenance and production requirements and work to
achieve them by understanding risks and opportunities weighed
against potential value.
- Recommend and assist in the development of action plans to
continuously improve the operational processes.
- Continually reinforce best safety practices and ensure that all
aspects of the work meet all safety and environmental
- Oversee safety & incident investigations; instigate reports and
recommendations for the implementation of corrective actions to
- Plan and prepare accurate annual cost and production budgets
and update current fiscal year production and financial
- Substitutes for the General Manager.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Mine, Mill and L-SX-EW Operational systems.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to teach, develop, empower, and mentor.
- Applicant must have effective written, visual, electronic, and
verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to think under stressful and adverse conditions.
- Must have teamwork, problem solving and negotiation
- The ability to work in conditions of extreme heat, extreme
cold, vibration, chemicals including but not limited to airborne
and/or skin exposure, high noise levels, confined spaces, and
- Ability to wear respirator in conditions of fumes, odors,
dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs,
ramps, and the like with agility.
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours as
demanded by the conditions at the operations.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions in Microsoft Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- Responsible for executing, supporting, and enforcing the
Company's Environmental, Health and Safety program as required by
OIS policy, directives, and principles.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 years' experience as a leader in a Mining, Milling or
- English language fluency
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety
& Health awareness including completion of the appropriate MSHA
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially, and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles
northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and
encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of
their commuting costs while reading, sleeping, or just enjoying the
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!