Company: Advanced Technology Systems Company
Posted on: November 21, 2022
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Vice President Senior Management
Arizona, Gilbert, AZ, US 6 days ago Requisition ID: 1283 ATSC is
currently seeking senior level candidates for the position of Vice
President to join our team in Gilbert AZ. ATSC's primary product
lines include C4ISR systems, Air Drop Delivery Systems, and Lighter
Than Air Systems. PRIMARY PURPOSEThe Vice President reports to the
Chairman and CEO. The VP is responsible for leading all aspects of
the division to include, but not limited to, the day-to-day and
long-term success of the division. Responsibilities include shaping
the portfolio of work to meet the most important needs of our
clients, anticipating client needs and building analytic capacity
to meet current and future demand, and ensuring that the division's
work and service to our clients are relevant, timely, high quality,
on budget, and delivered in a form that is useful to
decision-makers. S/he is also responsible for identifying,
developing, and retaining a diverse workforce, which includes
members of the division's management team. The VP provides
insightful and credible leadership to the leadership team on
DoD/DHS engineering Analyses and Corporate leadership. S/he
provides support, direction, and solutions that are creative and
forward-looking. This leadership role also carries with it personal
and corporate responsibility to build and sustain a respectful
workplace.JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
- Develop and shape the strategic direction and long-term vision
or the division.
- Oversee the development and execution of focused programs of
research that align with senior leadership priorities.
- Maintain and develop strong and effective sponsor relations to
ensure the work of the division is supporting the needs of their
- Oversee the division's Engineering and business development
efforts to secure task-order funding to augment the division's
line-item funded research program and to support ATCS's ceiling
- Ensure the division organization, staff, and core mission is
aligned with the evolving challenges and needs of our
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to
ensure broad exposure for the division's analytic products through
a variety of venues and media platforms to maximize impact of the
- Ensure high standards of quality and relevance are met and
consistently deliver timely, high quality research and analyses to
- Oversee and manage the Companies Sensitive Compartmented
Information Facility (SCIF) and coordinate highly classified work
requirements internally and externally with the DON and DOD
security professionals. Develop and maintain strong working
relationships with key DON security professionals supporting FFRDC
contract-related security requirements.
- Exercise sound financial management of the division
- Work collaboratively with ATSC human resources team to recruit
and retain a high quality, diverse staff sized to execute the
division's work in a timely fashion.
- Mentor and provide for the professional development of the
- Build effective, high functioning teams and select and develop
the division's leadership team. Set clear objectives and measures
and hold staff accountable for outcomes. Motivate and coach direct
reports to acquire skills and capabilities that contribute to a
high performance team.
- Leverage various approaches to communication to ensure
employees are aligned with organizational goals and regularly
receive other timely information. Engage employees and promote a
collaborative work environment.
- Be a strong corporate leader and contribute to the success of
ATSC as a whole. Proactively support the organization's diversity
and inclusion efforts.
- Support the growth and development of the next generation of
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Vice
President, FFRDC.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- An advanced degree in engineering fields relevant to the
division's research portfolio) is required.
- At least 10 years' experience as an analyst since attainment of
advanced degree is desired.
- Past C4ISR program management experience or experience as a
director of large C4ISR defense contractor with analysis projects
- Thorough knowledge of the Department of Defense, DHS is
- Technical and practical knowledge sufficient to understand
specific technical and operational needs of sponsors is
- Authentic leader and manager with a collaborative and inclusive
approach in assessing individual/organizational challenges,
problem-solving, and developing partnerships.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and proven record of
accomplishment of developing and maintaining collaborative
relationships across a broad range of professionals and government
sponsors at all levels, including senior levels.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation
skills with demonstrated ability to be persuasive and communicate
effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and management skills with a record of
accomplishment of effectively leading performance and outcome-based
programs and staff. Demonstrated thought leadership both internally
and with clients.
- Ability to understand and objectively critique research
projects being carried out and identify areas or methods of
- Proven ability to handle a variety of demands simultaneously
and thrive in a complex environment with multiple, competing
- Experience in recruiting, managing, developing, retaining and
objectively evaluating performance of research staff,
program/project managers and other professionals.
- Commitment and support to create a diverse and inclusive work
environment in which employees are encouraged to be forward leaning
and share ideas; demonstrated success negotiating and managing
problems to positive resolution; and ability to build and sustain a
respectful workplace.SECURITY CLEARANCE:This position requires the
ability to obtain and maintain an active Top Secret/Sensitive
Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) and higher security clearance.
Preferably, the candidate will already hold an active TS/SCI
security clearance.Some travel may be required. -Physical Demands &
- Work is typically performed in an office setting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, sit, bend, kneel, demonstrate manual
dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Must have the ability to lift 25-50 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.All job
requirements in the job description provided indicate the minimum
level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities deemed necessary to
perform the job competently. Job descriptions are an overview of
the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position.
Employees may be required to perform other job-related assignments
as requested.Advanced Technology Systems Company is committed to
creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties
including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with
disabilities.Advanced Technology Systems Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Advanced Technology Systems Company, Gilbert , Vice President, Executive , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!