Medical Assistant -Phoenix Children's-Gilbert
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Department: PCH-MAIN - PCP Mesa
Category: Patient Care Svcs(Tech & Asst)
Posting #: 541844
Date Posted: 12/22/2020
Employee Type: Regular
Posting Note: As a Medical Assistant, you will provide back-office
duties working with a team of 6-8 providers and the Medical
Assistants. You will be comfortable working with sick children and
their parents, visiting the clinic. You must be comfortable
providing vaccinations, charting, rooming the patient, and working
with COVID procedures to ensure the safety of all in the clinic.
Less than 10% of the time, you may be asked to assist another
provider in a nearby clinic if an urgent request arises. Schedule:
M-F 8:00- 5:00 Location:2550 East Guadalupe R. Suite 115, Gilbert,
AZ 85234 Requirements: Previous experience working with children
preferred with at least one year of MA experience, strong work
ethic, and organization skills. Medical Assistant Diploma
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care
professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks
for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures
such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple
removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens),
performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand
washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone
prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as
directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic
tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including
vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and
symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Gilbert , Medical Assistant -Phoenix Children's-Gilbert, Healthcare , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!