Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Eloy, Arizona. This and other
rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
STG International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates for
the Registered Nurse position to work full-time providing medical
care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps
at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of
Practice and performs functions in
accordance with current accepted practice, licensure,
certification, credentialing and or granted
2. Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as
appropriate to discipline and
3. May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to
medical emergencies. Must
appropriately document patient/resident encounters electronically
according to current standards
of care using electronic health records.
4. Provides supervision of Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurses, as
5. Evaluates health care needs of residents and develops nursing
care plans to meet those needs.
6. Provides assessment and treatment of residents during sick call
utilizing the IHSC RN
Guidelines and refers to mid-level provider and/or physician as
7. Provides screening of residents during intake per IHSC
established policies and procedures.
8. Obtains residents' medical histories and appropriately refers
abnormal findings or responses
or stated medical problems to the physician and/ or mid-level
9. Draws labs as requested and collects laboratory specimens.
10. Destroys and properly disposes of all sharps to include but not
limited to needles and
syringes according to hazardous waste, infection control and safety
11. Assists in the disposal of biologically hazardous wastes on a
regular basis as needed.
12. Administers medications, immunizations, education or other
needed treatments as
13. Adheres to professional nursing principals, procedures and
techniques for appropriate patient
care and take direction from onsite administrative personnel.
14. Adheres to medication administration guidelines, understand
pharmaceutical agents and their
desired effects recognize adverse effects and take appropriate
corrective measures as needed.
15. Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually
cognizant of the potential
hazards of drug hoarding and trafficking among residents.
16. Provide patient/resident health education as appropriate
17. Coordinates health care needs of residents with
multidisciplinary team members and
coordinates referrals to off-site providers as required.
18. Participates as member of multidisciplinary team to ensure that
equipment, supplies and logs
are available, correct and updated. Ensures all equipment is
functional and appropriately
maintained according to manufacturer's requirements.
19. Provides radiological services in accordance with scope of
practice for practice state and
IHSC Policies and Procedures. These services will be primarily to
surveillance i.e. digital single view chest x-rays.
20. May serve as clinic coordinator to ensure effective and
efficient clinical operations.
21. May participate in peer reviews, Quality Improvement/Quality
Assurance activities, Infection
Control activities, investigations or other clinically significant
22. Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program
policies and position.
23. Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing
electronic health records as
required by, and appropriate to, position.
24. Completes and passes all discipline specific competencies
testing, initially and annually.
25. Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as
26. Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of
medical records, in compliance with
the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
27. Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies,
Procedures, Directives, Operational
Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by
28. Adheres to, and participates in, IHSC's Safety, Prevention,
Infection and Control, Quality
Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral
duties as appropriate to
29. Attends and participates in general/medical staff meetings.
30. Other duties as assigned.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Critical thinking skills
4. Cultural competency.
5. Integrity and honesty.
6. Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not
7. Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare
setting (preferred, not
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an
entity recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education
1. Graduate from an associate's or baccalaureate nursing program
for Registered Nurses located
in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory
accredited by The Accreditation
Commission For Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on
2. Minimum one (1) year of professional experience as a licensed
registered nurse in a hospital,
medical office or residential setting.
1. Current, full and unrestricted licensed as Registered Nurse in
the state in which the duty
station is located. Any changes to license must be reported to
2. This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
3. Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through
the American Heart
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to properly use equipment, materials and supplies in
simple diagnostic and treatment
2. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
3. Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services
to complete assigned duties if not
fluent in a language the patient understands.
4. Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility
in work requirements.
5. Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and
written) in order to develop
positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other
6. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
in a multidisciplinary
7. Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including
electronic health records,
web based training and communications.
8. Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft
specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
9. Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the
confidentiality of patient
medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: STG International Inc, Gilbert , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Eloy, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!