Scrub Tech FT Center for Advanced Surgery
Company: United Surgical Partners International, Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Center for Advanced Surgery has an immediate need for a full
time Surgical Tech!Job SummaryAnticipates the needs of the surgical
team. Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical
procedures in the operating room.Essential Job Duties And
ResponsibilitiesInclude the following. Other duties may be
- Efficiently and effectively assists physician with operative
- Anticipates surgeon/physician's needs both in preparing for
procedures and during procedure
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Handles instruments in a manner which prolongs "life" of
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends in-services, conferences, and meetings as
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care
environment.#USP-123Required Skills:Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Completion of a Scrub Technician Certification Program
- One to two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple
specialties or an equivalent combination of education and
- Cataract and Retina experience is a plus!USPI complies with
federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination
of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be
vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show
proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or
medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an
exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to
submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Inc, Gilbert , Scrub Tech FT Center for Advanced Surgery, Healthcare , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!