IHSC Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse - Florence, AZ
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Florence, Arizona. This and
other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
STG International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates for
the LVN/LPN position to work full-time providing medical care to
detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the
Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the
organizational structure of the United
States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and
(ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security
(DHS). The United States
Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil
service staff and contractors
comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide
quality healthcare services.
IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for detainee health
IHSC's mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of
individuals in the custody of
ICE through an integrated health care delivery system, based on
nationally recognized correctional, detention and residential
health care standards. The Agency is committed to
providing healthcare services to protect the nation's health,
reduce global disease and provide
medical support for the law enforcement mission of the safe
apprehension, enforcement and
removal of detained individuals involved in immigration
proceedings. IHSC is committed to
ensuring a system of care that is ethical, responsible, and
accountable through rigorous
surveillance and monitoring activities.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of
Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted
practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted
- Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as
appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to
- Evaluates health care needs of residents and assists RN in the
development of nursing care plans to meet those needs.
- Assists with gathering resident data during sick call and
- Obtains medical information on residents using pre-established
questionnaire and appropriately refers abnormal findings or
responses or stated medical problems to the RN, midlevel provider
- Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually
cognizant of the potential hazards of drug hoarding and trafficking
- Provide patient/resident education as appropriate.
- May coordinate health care needs of residents with healthcare
team and referrals to off-site providers as appropriate for
- Assures a safe and clean working environment at all
- Participates as member of health care team to ensure that
needed equipment, supplies and logs are available, clean,
functional and up to date.
- Provides radiological services in accordance with scope of
practice and state licensure.
- These services will be primarily to conduct tuberculosis
surveillance i.e. digital single view chest xrays.
- Collect laboratory specimens as requested per IHSC policy and
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered/recommended
in accordance with scope of practice and state licensure.
- Must adhere to practical nursing principals, procedures and
techniques for appropriate patient care and take direction from
registered nurses and onsite administrative personnel.
- Must adhere to medication administration guidelines, understand
pharmaceutical agents and their desired effect recognize adverse
effects and take appropriate corrective measures.
- Must appropriately document patient/resident encounters
according to current standards of care using electronic health
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program
policies and position.
- Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing
electronic health records as required by, and appropriate to,
- Completes and passes all discipline specific competencies
testing, initially and annually.
- Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of
medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA
regulations in all work activities.
- Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies,
Procedures, Directives, Operational
- Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by
- Adheres to, and participates in, IHSC's Safety, Prevention,
Infection and Control, Quality Improvement, Patient Education and
other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to
- Attends and participates in general/medical staff
- Other duties as assigned
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company
providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and
management consulting services and human capital solutions help our
clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and
enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills
- Cultural competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential
healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an
entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Graduate from an approved, accredited Vocational/Practical
Nurse program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in a hospital,
medical office or outpatient clinical setting.
- Maintains current, active and unrestricted LVN/LPN license by
the state in which the duty station is located. Any changes to
license must be reported to employer immediately.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through
the American Heart Association.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability and proficiency to properly use equipment, materials
and supplies in simple diagnostic and treatment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services
to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility
in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and
written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients,
co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including
electronic health records, web based training and
- Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft
Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the
confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well
as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
STGi is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive
healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services
and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and
solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to
better accomplish their mission.STGi offers a competitive benefits
package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company
match and a generous PTO policy.
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: STG International Inc, Gilbert , IHSC Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse - Florence, AZ, Healthcare , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!