Company: GEO Secure Services
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Facility: -Arizona State Prison - Florence WestSalary: $100,000
AnnuallyBonus (if applicable): Shift: Benefits: Full-time employees
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:--- Paid
time off ------------------------ Paid
holidays------------------------------ 401(k) --- 401(k) matching
------------------ Health Insurance ------------------------ Dental
Insurance--- Vision Insurance --------------- ---- Life Insurance
------------------------------ Flexible spending account--- Health
savings account ------ ---- Tuition Reimbursement ---------------
Reduced tuition rates--- Employee discount --------------- Employee
assistance program------ Pet insurance--- Disability Insurance
--------- ---- Paid training ------------------------------- Other
benefits availableEqual Opportunity Employer.Are you looking for a
career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to
do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and
recognition that comes with working for the industry's global
leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.Who We Are:GEO provides
complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners
worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and
community reentry services. From the development of
state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.Job
Summary:Supervises and evaluates the performance of nursing and
clerical staff. Evaluates and provides comprehensive nursing care
in a correctional setting while observing and maintaining the
requirements of security.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a good working relationship with correctional
personnel, nursing staff, contract providers, and outside provider
- Utilizes established corporate and correctional policies and
procedures in making decisions.
- Responsible for staff scheduling and supervision
- Assisting management in recruiting, orienting, supervising and
evaluating the performance of nursing and clerical staff.
- Directs the work of other nursing and clerical staff. This
includes the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance,
employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary
action, including termination
- Staff Scheduling:
- Ensures adequate coverage on all shifts.
- Fills in as needed during periods of short staffing
- Monitors call-ins and use of overtime.
- Monitors staff compliance with facility policies and unit
directives by counseling employees who violate policies established
by the company or the facility, after consultation with
- Ensures the proper flow of relevant information (policies,
procedures, in-service, problems, etc.) to supervisor and
- Monitors and ensures strict staff compliance with all
applicable pharmacy laws.
- Organizes monthly in-service education. Ensures that staff
receives in-service as required.
- Arranges for staff participation in off-facility workshops for
CEUs and current nursing practice.
- Maintains current licensure on all staff requiring such
- Organizes daily activities and ensures adequate staffing for
- Maintains shift assignments.
- Reports any staff problems to management on a regular
- Ensures adequate supplies and pharmaceuticals to meet the needs
of the detainee/inmate population. Reports any over-usage, vendor
problems, needs, recommendations and budgetary concerns to
- Ensures that detainees/inmates arriving at the facility are
adequately oriented to services available and procedure for
obtaining medical services.
- Ensures that all detainees/inmates assigned to work as medical
orderlies are trained in the handling of contaminated waste and
proper cleaning of contaminated surfaces. Monitors their compliance
- Performs random audits of medical records, logs, sharps,
narcotic counts, outside referrals and sick call, etc. Counsel
employees or provide in-service for noted errors. -All findings
shall be submitted to the management for review and
- Participates in quality assurance activities. Makes
recommendations for monitoring needs and plans activities for
correcting deficiencies. Reports problem areas in writing to
- Monitors the assignments, review of records, and care plans of
the chronic disease clinics ensuring follow through per policies
- Reviews activities of infection control nurse and makes
recommendations for containment of infections.
- Assists management in monitoring environmental sanitation,
safety and health related issues by performing inspections.
Generates recommendations based on inspections and review of other
inspections to management for further management
- Responds to informal grievances from inmates to management's
designee. Reports any grievance with potential liability to the
management for his/her information and consideration of
- Monitors care of serious medical conditions with the potential
for life threatening or liability issues for appropriate
- Assumes on-call status for staff problems. Assumes on-call
status in absence of direct management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:Minimum
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an approved program;
graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a
current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in
the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of
license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience.
- Supervisory experience and competence in performance of the
following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies,
physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate
supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide
appropriate follow through treatment.
- Must have valid Arizona State Drivers License.
Keywords: GEO Secure Services, Gilbert , Nursing Supervisor, Healthcare , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!