Dental Assistant, P/T
Posted on: June 21, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Dental Assistants, P/T who
have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional setting. The Dental Assistant, P/T is responsible for
professional dental assistance during treatment of
inmates/residents. The employee position spends a minimum of 75% of
his/her time performing duties which involve contact with
inmates/residents in a correctional institution. This is a
part-time position that regularly works less than 30 hours per
The incumbent should be able to perform all of the following
functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the
job performance requirements
- Assistant dentist with the treatment of inmates/residents by
setting up all instruments for each patient and treatment to be
rendered and preparing impressions and filling materials.
- After each treatment, sterilize the dental unit and instruments
used and replace instruments prior to the next patient
- Develop and conduct a dental health education program, instruct
inmates/residents in preventive dental techniques
- Control medication, syringes and other dental supplies or
equipment; inventory as required by established procedures
- Keep equipment and work area clean; utilize appropriate
- Review dental services provided to prevent the inappropriate
use or duplication of services.
- Communicate effectively and coherently to administration,
staff, inmates/residents, visitors and the general public,
particularly in situations requiring tact, diplomacy,
understanding, fairness, firmness and good judgment. More about
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with
a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to government and the people
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successful
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and
healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional
facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship,
classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics,
recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more.
Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform
countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic
employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest
quality safety and security around the clock.Qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent or
- Certificate or evidence of completion of a dental assistant
training program preferred, unless required by contract or
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOEincluding
Keywords: CoreCivic, Gilbert , Dental Assistant, P/T, Healthcare , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!