Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Physician )
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Family Practice-Without OB opening in Eloy, Arizona. STG
International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates for the
Nurse Practitioner position to work full-time providing health care
to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at
the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the
organizational structure of the United
States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and
(ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security
(DHS). The United States
Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil
service staff and contractors
comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide
quality healthcare services.
IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for detainee health
IHSC's mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of
individuals in the custody of
ICE through an integrated health care delivery system, based on
correctional, detention and residential health care standards. The
Agency is committed to
providing healthcare services to protect the nation's health,
reduce global disease and provide
medical support for the law enforcement mission of the safe
apprehension, enforcement and
removal of detained individuals involved in immigration
proceedings. IHSC is committed to
ensuring a system of care that is ethical, responsible, and
accountable through rigorous
surveillance and monitoring activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of
Practice and performs functions in
accordance with current accepted practice, licensure,
certification, credentialing and or granted
2. Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as
appropriate to discipline and
3. May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to
4. Functions independently to perform age appropriate history and
physicals for acute, chronic
and complex medical conditions.
5. Performs physical examinations, to include but not limited to
gynecologic exams, EKGs,
and/or neurological exams on all ages as needed.
6. Assess, treat and evaluate residents who represent with medical
complaints during sick call,
walk-ins and/or chronic care clinics.
7. Provides emergency and First Aid treatment to include but not
limited to suturing, when
8. Performs minor surgical procedures as needed.
9. Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
10. On a weekly or as needed basis, reviews/re-evaluates cases
11. Complete orders recommended/authorized by the physician.
12. Plant and reads tuberculin skin test (purified protein
derivative - PPD) and provides Direct
Observation Therapy (DOT) of INH/B6 to those residents requiring
13. Provides relevant patient health education to residents
verbally and/or with handouts.
14. Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team members regarding
the health care needs of the
residents and coordinate referrals to off-site providers as
15. Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually
cognizant of the potential
hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees.
16. Destroys and properly disposes of all sharps to include but not
limited to needles and
syringes according to hazardous waste, infection control and safety
17. Assists in the disposal of biologically hazardous wastes on a
regular basis as needed.
18. Collect blood, urine, sputum, culture specimens, etc. and
performs laboratory analysis for
early detection of communicable and/or other contagious
19. Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic
tests and provides necessary
treatment and/or medications as required.
20. Initiate direct and indirect action to isolate and quarantine
cases and provide health, safety
and treatment/management for all employees and residents at the
contagious/communicable illnesses have been identified.
21. If an Infirmary (Medical Health Unit) is onsite, may do daily
rounds on patients and notify
the Physician, or Clinical Director of any abnormal findings.
Additionally, the clinician may see
individuals who are in locked/segregated status in their designated
housing area or are housed in
22. May assist with providing radiological services according to
the scope of practice in the state
licensed. These services will be primarily to conduct tuberculosis
surveillance i.e. digital single
view chest x-rays.
23. Consult with Clinical Director or staff physician for
management of complex medical
21. Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program
policies and position.
22. Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing
electronic health records as
required by, and appropriate to, position.
23. Completes and passes all discipline specific competencies
testing, initially and annually.
24. Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as
25. Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of
medical records, in compliance with
the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
26. Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies,
Procedures, Directives, Operational
Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by
27. Adheres to, and participates in, IHSC's Safety, Prevention,
Infection and Control, Quality
Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral
duties as appropriate to
28. Attends and participates in general/medical staff meetings.
29. Other duties as assigned.
DUTY HOURS/ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS:
IHSC operates 365/24/7 you may be required to respond
telephonically during emergency call
back roster activation.
1. This full time position is required to provide rotational
on-call coverage and may need to
return to the facility during non-core hours to provide care.
2. This full time position requires availability to work day and
evening shifts. Availability
during weekends and holidays is also required.
1. The Department of Homeland Security's Personnel Security Unit
(PSU) must render a
Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a
2. A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by
PSU upon completion of
initial and subsequent background investigations to meet the
requirements of this position.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Critical thinking skills
4. Cultural competency.
5. Integrity and honesty.
6. Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not
7. Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare
setting (preferred, not
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an
entity recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education
1. Graduate from an accredited Family Nurse Practitioner program
located in a State, the
District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory.
2. A minimum of one year of clinical provider experience in direct
patient care as a certified
family nurse practitioner, or the approval of IHSC's Medical
Director based on the receiving
sites ability to mentor and teach the newly licensed provider.
1. Current certification as Family Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or
2. Must have an unrestricted, current RN and Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse license in the
state in which the duty station is located. Any changes to license
must be reported to employer
3. Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers certification through the
4. This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing
principles, procedures, and
techniques to patient care.
2. Knowledge of drugs and therapeutics when prescribing and
3. Practical knowledge of laboratory procedures and guideline;
skill in collecting a variety of
4. Ability to properly use equipment, materials and supplies in
simple diagnostic and treatment
5. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
6. Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services
to complete assigned duties if not
fluent in a language the patient understands.
7. Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility
in work requirements.
8. Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and
written) in order to develop
positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other
9. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
in a multidisciplinary
10. Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including
electronic health records,
web based training and communications.
11. Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft
specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
12. Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the
confidentiality of patient..... click apply for full job
Keywords: STG International Inc, Gilbert , Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Physician ), Healthcare , Eloy, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!