Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Posted on: August 2, 2022
---Recommend resolutions to problems of moderate complexity in the
quality, environmental, health, and safety discipline which
includes developing risk assessments and regulatory compliance
programs (including food safety); monitoring processes; conducting
related training activities; and coordinating with QSHE teams and
service providers to ensure compliance with applicable laws and
- ---Serve as a consultant advocating for the continuous
improvement of comprehensive Quality, Environmental Health and
Safety processes, procedures and programs; effectively communicate
challenges, successes, and areas of concern with management when
potential hazards and risks are identified.
- Lead Food Safety efforts including USP, GMP and other FDA
- Serve as technical expert to advise steering committees,
supervisors and management on the best methods to resolve food
safety, quality, environmental, health and safety concerns
including engineering controls, administrative, and personal
- Investigate accidents and incidents to identify causes or to
determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Evaluate and analyze trends, barriers to performance of safe
work and root causes of accidents; develop action plans to control
or eliminate organizational barriers and/or hazards in the
- Coordinate and/or conduct workplace audits and inspections to
identify and alleviate environmental factors and stresses affecting
or potentially affecting the health and safety of employees;
conduct ergonomic or other specific assessments; recommend
equipment, procedures, assignments or other actions to alleviate
identified problems or concerns.
- Plan, develop and conduct quality, safety, occupational health
and related training activities; attends or facilitates meetings to
discuss safety concerns and practices; advise department managers
and supervisors on appropriate handling of safety or health
- Monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations such as
mandated health and safety programs, injury and illness prevention
programs, building, fire, electrical, plumbing, and other codes;
conduct routine inspections or may assist in some inspections.
- Interpret new regulations, determine their applicability to
operations and devise strategies and procedures for
- Investigate health-related complaints and inspect facilities to
ensure that they comply with public health legislation and
- Prepare management reports and correspondence related to
program evaluation and performance measures; oversee the
maintenance of required records and reports.
- Introduce and effectively implement campaigns for the
prevention and reduction of accidents and injuries, as well as for
- Other related duties may also be performed; not all duties
listed are necessarily performed by each individual holding this
- Maintain relationships with the community, environmental groups
and other stakeholders impacted by the environmental performance of
- Collaborate with engineers or physicians to institute control
or remedial measures for hazardous or potentially hazardous
conditions or equipment.
- Serve as primary contact for customers and FDA with regard to
quality, USP, food safety and food defense---
- Commit to continuous improvement in occupational safety/health,
environmental protection, and quality management.
- Be aware and accustomed with the significant quality,
safety/health, and environmental (QSHE) aspects/impacts associated
with the work, including relevant legal/other requirements and
emergency preparedness and response.---
- Other duties as assigned.
---QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree) in food safety, occupational
safety, industrial hygiene, or other environmental health and
safety (EHS) related field. Minimum 5 years of experience in
quality, environmental health or occupational safety field with
minimum 2 years in an FDA-regulated environment.
Knowledge of local laws, standards, regulations, and policies
pertaining to quality, FDA requirements, environment, health and
safety. Strong computer skills with knowledge of SAP (EHS module)
and MS Office.---
Knowledge of statistical methods as applied to loss prevention is
preferred and knowledge of FDA requirements in food and/or
pharmaceutical production environment.
Ability to understand and implement the principles of environmental
health and occupational safety, evaluate information to determine
compliance with standards and ability to identify unsafe working
conditions and practices through on-site inspections.
Ability to conduct environmental health investigations and
mitigation programs and ability to research, interpret and apply
technical information to prepare clear and concise management
reports; apply logical supporting information to justify decisions
Must possess current US employment authorization; sponsorship not
available for this position.--- EOE
Keywords: Omya, Gilbert , Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, Healthcare , Superior, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!