Medical Assistant - Radiation Oncology
Company: IRONWOOD PHYSICIANS,P.C.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionIronwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful
state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Women's Centers, with
locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one
provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of
cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team
approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation
oncology, women's centers, diagnostic imaging services, social
service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic
counseling. Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing
quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and
needs of each individual. Overview: The role of the Medical
Assistant is a key member of the practice and provides clinical
expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality; efficient
care. Performs delegated medical functions under the direction of a
provider, authorized practitioner or RN in the delivery of care.
This position is for our Radiation Oncology department. This is a
full-time, day shift working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares schedule and all rooms for the day.
- Rooms patients.
- Completes all necessary paperwork for new patients. Encounters
new patient documents.
- Enter orders for Labs.
- Schedules new patients, procedures, imaging procedures,
simulations and reschedules for missed appointments.Logs missed
appointments and mails letters.
- Obtains medical records for patients.
- Calls in prescriptions, e-prescribe scripts.
- Calls patients to confirm appointments. Notifies patients of
negative test results.
- Requests CDs for imaging or dosimetry.
- Answers triage phone calls and responds appropriately.
- Answers phone calls and return all messages by the end of the
- Assists Medical Oncology Department and Women's Clinic if
- Obtains authorizations for medications. Knowledge and Skills:
- Stable work history, and ability to work in a fast-paced
- Ability to use office equipment, computer, and typing is
- Easily adaptable to a computer environment.
- Must be able to obtain vital signs and take instructions from
- Must be able to relate well to patients.
- Ability to effectively communicate. Education and
- 1-2 years' MA experience required.
- Previous RadOnc experience preferred.
- National MA Certification a plus (or must obtain within 90
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program. We
offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
including health/dental/vision and life insurance, 401K, and a
caring work environment. We are an E.O.E. As a Healthcare provider
we will require all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated.
Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious
accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any
requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if
applicable) in advance of your start date.Please visit our website
at www.ironwoodcrc.com. "Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a
Keywords: IRONWOOD PHYSICIANS,P.C., Gilbert , Medical Assistant - Radiation Oncology, Healthcare , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!