FT REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Facility: FLORENCE WEST CORRECTIONAL & REHABILITATION FACILITY
Bonus (if applicable): 4000.00 Sign On
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more)
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:
--- Paid time off * Paid holidays * 401(k)
* 401(k) matching * Health Insurance * Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance * Life Insurance * Flexible spending account
* Health savings account * Tuition Reimbursement * Reduced tuition
* Employee discount * Employee assistance program * Pet
* Disability Insurance * Paid training * Other benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking for a challenging yet
rewarding environment, where you can really make a difference? Are
you passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the
highest quality of healthcare? If so, then we have the role for
you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based
rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our
growing team of professionals!
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best
rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to
those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth,
exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships.
Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your
application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
Working alongside our Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you'll play a
vital part in providing the highest level of Nursing care to
inmates/detainees while putting a special focus on maintaining our
safe and secure workplace.
- Provide nursing care within your capacity and refer other
medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Perform comprehensive physical assessment and medical
- Periodically evaluate patients' symptoms, reactions, and
progress, and report problems to Physician and management.
- Securely administer medication, taking precautions against drug
hoarding and trafficking.
- Make sure prescribed medications are administered as
- Provide patient education for Chronic Illnesses,
post-hospitalization, post-surgical procedures.
- Supervises the workflow of the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
staff and provides input into performance evaluation.
- Document all detainee/inmate contacts and keep medical records
- Follow industry and company accreditation policies.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to
their maximum potential is the center of GEO's employee value
proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and
the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds.
Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here's to unlimited ideas,
increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
Excellent diagnostic skills, patience and natural empathy are all
key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role
in our patient's re-entry to society.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an approved program;
graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a
current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in
the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of
license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience Registered Nurse
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following
services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical
assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate
supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide
appropriate follow through treatment.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
- Frequently: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 40 lbs.; walk,
stand, sit, bend, stoop and reach above shoulder level.
- Occasionally: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 60 lbs.; work
with machinery and climb.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Gilbert , FT REGISTERED NURSE (RN), Healthcare , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!