Company: Covenant Physician Partners
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Practice with us in Gilbert, Arizona! Arizona Centers for
Digestive Health (AZCDH) is hiring an experienced Nurse
Practitioner to join their team in Gilbert. With 11 offices
throughout the Greater Phoenix area, AZCDH is the state's leading
provider for full-spectrum gastrointestinal care, serving more than
70,000 patients each year. We are passionate about helping our
patients live quality lives through education, regular screenings,
and empowerment. Opportunity Highlights
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Malpractice coverage provided
- Paid time off
- Annual CME allowance Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat digestive diseases through comprehensive history taking,
physical exams, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Diagnose, treat, evaluate, and manage acute and chronic illness
- Obtain medical histories and conduct physical
- Make decisions regarding data gathering and appropriate
management and treatment of patients being seen for the initial
evaluation of a problem or the follow-up evaluation of a previously
diagnosed and stabilized condition.
- Maintain accurate documentation in the patients' medical
- Document symptom assessment; communicate with collaborating
- Initiate requests for commonly performed laboratory studies and
- Prescribe medications for acute and chronic illnesses to the
extent authorized by state regulations.
- Counsel and educate patients on health behaviors, self-care
skills, and treatment options.
- Participate in medical staff and other meetings and committees,
community awareness activities, and staff training.
- Report errors of commission/omission immediately. Function
within the legal limits of the scope of the practice.
- Refer patients to health programs and community resources for
health guidance and specialty clinics. Qualifications
- Maintain a current and valid federal Drug Enforcement
Administration (DEA) certificate to prescribe controlled
- Clinically competent; possess and exercise the degree of
learning, skill, and care ordinarily possessed and exercised by a
member of the appropriate discipline in clinical practice.
- Must know limits and make appropriate referrals in situations
beyond the practitioner's ability, training, and education.
- Must be compassionate, conscientious, and meticulous, as well
as possess excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Teamwork; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views.
Contributes to building a positive work environment.
- Must engage in Continuing Medical Education activities to
maintain validity of certification and participate in available
in-service programs. Community Highlights Gilbert is located
southeast of metro Phoenix in Maricopa County. Gilbert offers a
unique blend of an urban hub in an outdoors paradise. Live and work
in here and you will see why our community is ranked among one of
the best cities in the country.
- # 1 Best place to live in AZ - Ranking AZ, 2022
- # 1 Best Phoenix Suburb to raise a family - Niche
- # 2 Most Affordable Cities in AZ - Livability
- Top 20 Happiest Places to live - WalletHub
Keywords: Covenant Physician Partners, Gilbert , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!