Travel Physical Therapist Home Care
Company: Banner Health
Posted on: December 5, 2018
--- With facilities across the West, there is something for everyone at Banner Health - from the bustling urban medical center to the friendly small-town hospital. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. For over 20 years, Banner Health Travel has provided healthcare professionals, opportunities to work in a variety of clinical settings within one of the country's leading health systems. Our amazing travel program allows our professionals the ultimate in flexible scheduling options combined with a superior compensation structure. The Banner Health Travel Team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Come explore the beautiful desert of Arizona for the Winter - 13+ week assignments available! As a valued and respected member of our health care team, you will enjoy a wide variety of professional benefits, including:
- Completion bonus for every 13 week assignment
- Variety of shifts available
- Flexible start dates
- Per mile travel reimbursement
- Excellent pay
- License reimbursement
- 403(b)/Health/Dental/Life Insurance
- Private housing (or salary in lieu)
- Paid orientation --- About Banner Staffing Service AZSupporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer. About Banner HealthBanner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee. --- Job SummaryThis position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Physical Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served. Essential Functions
- Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflects the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goals. Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
- Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
- Documents according to professional practice guidelines set by regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents evidence based and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects skilled intervention and comprehensive assessment of the patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care.Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
- Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the PTA, ATC, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
- Department operational activities. Attends department required meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in departmental/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department. Minimum QualificationsMust have graduated from an APTA accredited school of Physical Therapy, or equivalent.Must possess a current Physical Therapy license within the State of practice. BLS certification required. Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job. Demonstrates through behaviors and answers to job related experiential questions.Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment. Patient care equipment, evaluation tools, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment.Preferred QualificationsAdditional related education and/or experience preferred.
Keywords: Banner Health, Gilbert , Travel Physical Therapist Home Care, Healthcare , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!