Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: April 14, 2019
Job LocationsUS-AZ-Phoenix - US-AZ-Gilbert - US-AZ-Tempe -
CategoryHealthcareID2019-15624Location : NameHOSP PhoenixLocation :
Address8222 S. 48th StreetLocation : LocationUS-AZ-Phoenix
This position will cover the East Valley - Tempe, Chandler,
Gilbert, San Tan Valley, and Mesa.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect
with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the
core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards
and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a
company. Here youll find opportunities to grow your career at any
level whether you have direct contact with resident or support
someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000
associates, theres a place for you to make a difference in lives of
the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
As a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group, works
under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various
services for a patient, as necessary, to meet the patient's
personal needs and to promote comfort. Responsible for observing
the patient, reporting these observations and documenting
observations and care performed.
- Performs personal care needs for assigned patient(s) and
attends to his/her requests promptly. If unable to perform a
certain task, report to the Hospice Director or Director of
Clinical Services immediately.
- Responsible for observing the patient and reporting these
observations; documents observations and care performed.
- Provides patient and family with positive communication
techniques, within realm of ethical and respectful care, including
- Meets safety needs of patient and uses equipment safely and
properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.).
- Gives personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene
assistance, washes hair and changes bed linen as often as assigned.
Offers and assists with bedpans and urinals. Provides assistance as
assigned with light laundry needs. Keeps patient's living area
clean and orderly, as assigned. Assists in dressing and undressing
patients as assigned.
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, including shopping, as
assigned. Assists in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Takes and records oral, rectal and auxiliary temperatures,
pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate
completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Assesses and reports on patient's condition and significant
changes to the Hospice Director or Director of Clinical Services.
Remains aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the
patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assists in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the hospice
nurse or therapist. Provides normal range of motion and
transfers/positions as directed.
- Assists with self-administered medications as allowed by state
regulations, such as reminders.
- Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as an
extensional therapy service as ordered, with appropriate
completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Provides respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site,
- Adheres to the organization's documentation and care procedures
of personal/professional conduct.
- Participates in quality assessment performance improvement
teams and activities.
- Respects patient and family/caregiver environment and patient's
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Additional
education/training as required by the State.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Meets the training requirements of the State. Must be at least 18
years of age. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is
insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements
and is in good working order. The hospice aide will not function in
any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the Nurse
Practice Act. Specifically, the hospice aide will not administer
medications, take physician's orders or perform procedures
requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a licensed nurse,
such as sterile techniques.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct paraprofessional
practice or function and a thorough understanding of the
organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of the
healthcare industry. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and
projects in a dynamic environment is required. Effective written
and oral communication skills and human relation skills are
essential. Ability to read and follow written instructions and
document care given. Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable
providing specialized care to the terminally ill. Is self-directing
with the ability to work with little direct supervision. Secure
with issues of death/dying. Provides a calm manner when in a
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Schedule: Regular Full-Time
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Gilbert , Hospice Aide, Healthcare , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!