Company: Upward Projects
Posted on: October 7, 2018
Location US-AZ-GilbertBrand PostinoCategory Leadership/Management WHAT YOU BECOMETAKE YOUR CAREER UPWARD!!!Our Sous Chefs are individuals who have a passion for creating authentic connections with team-members, guests, vendors, and our communities. Sous Chefs are relentless in pursuing operational excellence and achieving desired results. They enjoy mentoring other team members and investing time in developing clear career pathways. They have intellectual humility and understand the best solutions come from collaboration and open communication from all team members. WHO WE AREWe are a restaurant group that thrives on creating authentic and inspiring experiences for the communities we serve. Through the contributions of countless incredible people, past and present, we're headed to the moon with a simple mission - to make people feel good.
- What Fuels Us
Our eclectic team is comprised of some of the most talented, grounded, and innovative people you'll ever meet. While no one is quite like the other, it's our common values that bring us all together!
- Power To The People - Have a Voice
We encourage you to give your feedback. Ideas and innovation are what catapult us forward!
- Humble Beginnings - Intellectual Humility
Humility is the foundation of curiosity, and curiosity fuels the drive to discover. There is often a better way, so we're always on the hunt.
- Inspired Spaces - The Details Matter
Every detail has intention - from the ingredients, hospitality, to the art and music. The details are the difference between good and great.
- Keeping it Real - Open & Honest
Be your authentic self - it helps build an environment of trust, open communication and diversity.
- Come One, Come All - Working Together We're stronger together
We take pride in the pursuit to be the best, but we can only do that as a collaborative team. WHAT YOU DOThe primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Executive Chef in providing quality food in a timely and efficient manner while directing kitchen employees to maintain company standards in quality, cleanliness, and sanitation. This position is responsible for the resources of the company directly and indirectly related to the kitchen.Specific Job Duties
- Supervises the production of quality products which meet company recipe specifications and timing standards.
- Delegates to the kitchen staff the responsibilities to complete preparation, cleanliness, sanitation of kitchen products and services.
- Conducts a daily assessment of product that is on hand, par levels (according to forecasts and trends), and determines the amount of product needed for preparation and execution of service..
- Places orders for product in a timely, efficient, and financially responsible manner while minimizing shortages or issues regarding access to needed product for service.
- Consistently completes the tasting of products as assigned daily while ensuring the proper holding, cooling, and cooking temperatures. Inspects storage, rotation, and handling of food and beverage products within the kitchen. Actively pursues solutions to correct any issues observed or known.
- Demonstrates a confident command of knowledge regarding kitchen products and services and ensures staff knows, demonstrates, and communicates products confidently.
- Understands and practices the components of what is involved in providing financial accuracy of sales records, expenses, and inventories through proactively researching, reviewing, correcting discrepancies, and maximizing profitability of kitchen products.
- Supervises the proper cleanliness, organization, rotation, and storage of walk-ins, reach-ins, and other food storage areas. Maintains the facility by establishing, following, and enforcing safety, security, and sanitation standards while complying with health regulations and maintaining security systems when applicable.
- Responsible for providing and completing pre-shift meetings on a daily basis.
- Inspires and mentors the kitchen staff through training and development while playing an active role in showing, telling, and practicing these concepts with the staff. Oversees expected completion and use of training materials.
- As assigned by the Executive Chef this position may be responsible for organizing, creating, and communicating scheduling for the kitchen staff according to past sales, trends, events..
- Actively cross training of positions within the kitchen to improve the flexibility and versatility of the staff.
- Recruits, refers, interviews, and completes the hiring process for potential candidates.
- Provides coaching and feedback to staff on a daily basis. Documents conversations, identifies appropriate behaviors, and provides expectations to each kitchen job position..
- Involved in developing and communicating hourly kitchen employee performance reviews, salary increases.
- Maintains proper professional conduct and uniform appearance of all team members.
- Promotes a supportive, respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Continually stays aware of trends in the industry and actively pursues information to improve performance and implements solutions from them.
- Welcomes new team-members and actively provides optimistic and helpful coaching from all team members.
- Follows company policies and standards and holds staff accountable to do the same.
- Keeps all chemicals labeled and updated in GHS MSDS. Recognizes employee hazards and reports them to the general manager.
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position is responsible for the direct supervision of all hourly employees within the kitchen.Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a kitchen setting and requires mobility in tight and confined areas including narrow passageways. The environment is fast-paced and requires the ability to work under stress with rigid time constraints. This position will come in contact with and use heavy to light machinery used to prepare food and beverages, and will be exposed to high heat conditions from ovens, stove tops and fryers. The use of a Mac computer and printer are required. The position is exposed to high-energy loud music levels, and low lights (8+ hours).Physical DemandsThe physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for extended periods of time (8+ hours). Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form. Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to reach with arms, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and squat. Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling of items of 50 lbs. and at times up to 100 lbs. Requires a heavy amount of time using hands, fingers and wrists with precision and promptness. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkFull -time position that requires a flexible schedule, often working weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Normal shifts include as early as 7 a.m. and as late as 2 a.m. and can fluctuate often.Experience and Education
- The position requires 1 year of full-service restaurant Kitchen Manager experience or 3-5 years of service industry management experience. Internal candidates must be in good standing and free of performance issues within 1-year time-period. Combined work experience and education will be considered in decisions.
- Associate's degree in Culinary, Hospitality, Management, or Business preferred.
- State Food Handler's Management Certification is required
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. PI104449475
Keywords: Upward Projects, Gilbert , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!