Parent Aide -39 hrs or less
Company: Arizona's Children Association
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Do you have a passion for working with children and their families? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in the Gilbert area who is interested in a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding career while making a positive impact in your community! Since 1912, Arizona's Children Association has been dedicated to our mission of Protecting Children, Empowering Youth, Strengthening Children. With more than a dozen programs and services across every county in the state, our programs can mean the difference between a hope-filled future and a life of despair for many Arizona children and families. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals. Parent Aide services will include the arrangement and supervision of visitation between children in out of home placements and their parents, siblings or significant others. The program provides a range of instruction, assistance, and support services to parents to improve their skills and ability to fulfill parenting roles and responsibilities. At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer a flexible schedule with paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits! Our Gilbert office is in a great location near restaurants and shopping, and easily accessible to the interstate. Parent Aide
- Arranges for and supervises visitation between children in out of home care and their parent(s)/family member(s)
- Follows ADCS (Arizona Department of Child Safety) direction as to the location, frequency, duration and who may be present during the visit.
- Is present during the entire visit to ensure the safety and welfare of the child(ren).
- Ensures that all contact occurring during the entire visit between the child and the parent(s) or family member(s) is within the Parent Aide's hearing and sight at all times, and that discussions are audible and understandable to the Parent Aide.
- Observes, monitors, and assesses the client's parenting skills, and provides guidance and/or coaching as needed while client is interacting with their child(ren), and/or when there is opportunity to reinforce learned behaviors.
- Ensures that visitation occurs at times that are convenient to children, families, including evenings and weekends.
- Develops and maintains documentation of client interactions, including the child's reactions before, during and after visitation.
- Maintains client records and files in a complete and efficient manner, meeting all required deadlines.
- Utilizes community, social, education and recreational resources to assist client in obtaining services for themselves and their family.
- Provides transportation for children to and from the visitation, as needed. Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's in Human Services or directly related degree
- 2 years' experience working in the Human Service Field Other Minimum Qualification
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- English Spanish Bilingual
- Possess a valid Arizona driver's license and be insurable under the agency's automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients' homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must pass the driving clearance upon hire and on a bi-annual basis:
- No Driving while intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- No At Fault Accidents during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- No more than two (2) moving violations during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- No more than one (1) excessive speed (per the A.R.S. -- 28-701.02) violation during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- No criminal violations during the life of the Contract or in the five (5) years preceding the Contract.
- A valid driver's license that has not been suspended or revoke within the last three (3) years from present date.
- Valid Car insurance
- Current CPR certification
- Have not been placed on probation or parole for the last ten (10) years from present date.
- Have no civil, criminal, or juvenile restraining orders within the last ten (10) years from present date.
- Have a clear pre-employment drug test result, as well as clear random annual drug testing results.
- Has not been placed on probation or parole for the last ten (10) years
- Has no civil, criminal, or juvenile restraining orders within the last ten (10) years.
- Have a clear pre-employment drug test result, as well as clear random annual drug testing results. AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
Keywords: Arizona's Children Association, Gilbert , Parent Aide -39 hrs or less, Human Resources , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!