Medical Assistant - Mobile Clinic
Company: COBRE VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY: Under limited supervision,
maintains the front office of the Clinic. Provides assistance to
the Physician (or Physicians Assistant) and patients performing a
variety of direct and indirect patient care duties. The Outpatient
Clinic provides a variety of medical services to individuals from
all age groups, therefore, the Clinical Assistant must be competent
to provide care to the patients in the following age groups:
infant, toddler, school-age, teenage, adult, senior, and geriatric.
The Clinical Assistant must be able to perform various laboratory
procedures, including phlebotomy, CLIA waved testing, and
processing of specimens. The Clinical Assistant adheres to the
principles, philosophy and mission of Cobre Valley Regional Medical
Center in all aspects of job performance.TYPICAL DUTIES AND
- Assembles patient records in the proper order, using
established guidelines (patient information sheets and chart
inserts), to provide a permanent record of patient care.
- Assures that patient history forms are complete and
- Demonstrates the ability to correctly operate any and all
- Totally understands and adheres to the doctrine of
confidentiality as specified in the Administrative Policies and
- Appropriately prepares patient for exam:
- Keeps exam and procedure rooms cleaned, stocked and ready for
- Prepares patient and assists in exam as needed.
- Takes accurate vitals and records to the appropriate place in
the medical record.
- Performs appropriate tasks and procedures at the physician's
- Obtains specimens and administers medications as ordered by the
- Performs telephone triage functions as appropriate.
- Records patient telephone calls to the medical record when
indicated following the appropriate format. Signs chart notes,
using first initial and full last name.
- Reviews refill requests with the physician and documents those
approved to the appropriate place in the patient's medical record.
Calls the approved refills to the patient's pharmacy.
- At the physician's direction, informs the patient of lab
- Schedules patient appointments and tests as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining the physician's patient recall
system and notifying patients of necessary follow-up.
- Tracks labs, reports, consults, etc. Routes to the physician
for review and follow-up.
- Files the patient's medical record after reviewing for the
- Able to calculate dosages, mix medications, and administer
injections properly. Documents injections according to guidelines.
Explain the proper method of administering the following
injections: (SQ, ID, IM,).
- Assists Physician or Physician Assistant with minor surgical
procedures, casting, annual physicals, pap smears, EPSDT, and
- Correctly performs hearing tests, vision tests, EKG, and drug
screens on patients.
- Correctly performs phlebotomy and laboratory procedures as
- Responsible for the ordering of medical and injectable
- Responsible for assuring the clinic follows OSHA safety
guidelines, by proper disposal of biohazard medical waste and
safety as outlined in OSHA manual.
- Performs necessary quality assurance testing for in-office
laboratory testing and documents these results. Responsible for
maintaining accurate laboratory records and schedules of tests
performed in the clinic. Maintains the daily log for temperature
control in the practice's lab refrigerator and medication
- Responsible for checking expiration dates on sample
medications, crash cart medications, and other in-office
medications and supplies (This includes laboratory supplies: blood
collection tubes, CLIA waved testing supplies, etc.). Maintains all
logs related to these monthly checks.
- Routinely checks to assure that oxygen tanks and liquid
nitrogen tanks are full.
- Obtains pre-certifications and checks eligibility status for
procedures, consults for patients, and diagnostic testing.
- Offers assistance to co-workers to help with workflow.
- Adheres to attendance and punctuality guidelines. Uses overtime
only when necessary and obtains approval.
- Exhibits knowledge/ understanding of Safety, Infection Control
and Employee Health policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the principals, philosophy and mission of Cobre
Valley Regional Medical Center in all aspects of job
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors
- Actively participates in effective guest relations through
courteous communications with all hospital contacts; presents a
positive image of the institution in all contacts both inside and
outside the hospital.
- Has working knowledge of department's budget and cost of
supplies.This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
It reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the
principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be
considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be inherent in the position. Cobre Valley Regional Medical
Center reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties
and hours as needs prevail. This document is for management
communication only and not intended to imply a written or implied
contract of employment.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of an approved vocational/technical school
- Current Arizona Medical Assistant Certificate, or Certified
- BLS/CPR Certification required
- Medical terminology and procedure knowledge to effectively
communicate with outside medical offices and patients with
- One-year of medical back office experience with the ability to
perform laboratory procedures, CLIA waved testing, preparation and
administration of injections, EKG, assisting of minor surgical
procedures and casting, insurance company prior authorizations, and
- Skilled at multitask abilities, detail-oriented self-starter
and self-managed. Maintains self with professionalism at all
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers. Previous experience with Meditech
system or mainframe system preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure. Must be able to deal tactfully
and effectively with patient, coworkers and third party
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions, must be able to organize
and prioritize work to meet deadlines
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: COBRE VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, Gilbert , Medical Assistant - Mobile Clinic, IT / Software / Systems , Globe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!