OCI and Oracle Fusion Middleware Solution Specialist - NBI_US
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Solutions Network: Middleware AND OCI Solution Specialist
Work you'll do
The Solutions Network, OCI and Oracle Fusion Middleware Solution
Specialist will be responsible for providing technical leadership
and assistance for Oracle designing, architecting, creating and
managing the various services within Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
supported by the Solutions Network. It is required for this
position to be located either in Gilbert, AZ or Lake Mary, FL. This
will also be part of the larger SNET Oracle team which includes
Philadelphia - PA, Hyderabad and Bengaluru - India. This position
will be focused on supporting the client engagements requiring
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Oracle Fusion Middleware
Administration, and also to support the applications and database
needs for developing go to market solutions. Supported systems will
span flavors of Windows, UNIX, and Linux along with Oracle cloud
and other cloud service provider platforms. In addition to hands-on
technical work this position will require providing assistance to
project teams with architecture design, upgrades, performance
tuning, systems stabilization, documentation development and the
creation of client deliverables.
This position may require up to 25% travel. US citizenship / Green
Card status is preferred.
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the
nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy,
operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring
together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities
to help clients address their most complex business problems. The
organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP
("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our
consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax
services, financial advisory services, and risk management
capabilities. Clients depend on us for straightforward advice and
results that create value.
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that
connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers,
clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to
support client development projects, client pursuits, solution
development, and practice development. The SNET does this by
providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes
a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical
application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical
architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of major
packaged applications and technologies - PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP,
JD Edwards, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, networking, SAN,
server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and
emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function
As a dynamic and leading-edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal
opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand,
enhance and strengthen their client service and technology
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Five+ years' experience installing, configuring, administering,
tuning, and troubleshooting Oracle Fusion Middleware products on
Linux, UNIX and Windows environments.
- Extensive experience in Oracle WebLogic server and knowledge of
Oracle Fusion Middleware products like SOA, OBIEE, OBIA, WebCenter,
OIM, etc. with a strong DBA background.
- Troubleshooting issues related to FMW products and components
like Node Manager, JNDI, JDBC Data sources, Web services, Adapters,
- Experience in using Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware
Control and other administration utilities.
- Subject matter specialist in database administration, RAC,
Performance tuning, and Backup and Recovery skills in Oracle 9i,
10g, 11g, 12c, 19c, and RAC on UNIX, Linux and Windows
- Hands-on experience on working with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Exposure towards creating and configuring OCI Compute service
offering features like Virtual Machines.
- Release management support for application implementation,
installs, data migrations, and system software upgrades.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are
- Proven skills as a team member on at least two or more full
- Ability to create, configure and manage OCI Storage service
resources like Block Volumes, Object Storage Buckets and File
- Experience in working with the Identity and Access Management
features within OCI like creation of users, groups, policies,
- Experience in working with Oracle DB systems on OCI.
- Exposure to Networking services and components on OCI.
- Exposure to migration/Lift and Shift of on-premise or other
cloud service provider workloads of Oracle Middleware to OCI.
- Experience with handling Oracle Workloads on other CSPs like
AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Experience with integration of Oracle Fusion Middleware
products like SOA, OBIEE, OBIA, WebCenter, OIM, etc. with ERPs a
plus (PeopleSoft, E-Business Suite, Hyperion etc.).
- Experience integrating Fusion Middleware products with Active
Directory, configuration of SSL/TLS and SSO, and clustering.
- Exposure to Oracle integration products like Oracle Golden
Gate, Oracle Data Integrator and their corresponding Cloud service
offering a plus.
- Exposure to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC), SOA Cloud Services,
and Oracle Integration Cloud.
- Creative person who has developed innovative approaches to
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and
- Prior consulting experience is desired.
- Committed to gaining exposure to multiple packages/applications
while further developing your career.
- Ability to mentor and manage junior team members.
- Ability to assist multiple projects environments
Ideal candidates will also have experience with three or more of
the following technologies:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services
- Maintenance of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure tenancy
- Configuration and administration of Compute, Storage and
- Ability to design and architect OCI tenancy to accommodate
workloads across Regions and Availability Domains.
- Working knowledge across Identity and Access Management and
- Experience on working with Database Service offerings available
- Experience in migrating or lift and shift of applications and
database to OCI
- Oracle Weblogic Server
- Install, Upgrade, Configuration and Tuning of Weblogic Server
11g and above.
- Enterprise Integration, Web Services, J2EE and web applications
- Setup and configuration of security and clusters
- Deep understanding on JDBC, JNDI, partitioning and Node
- Deploy applications, including SOA Composite applications
- Expertise in using Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control
and other administration utilities
- Weblogic 12c and WLST scripting experience a plus
- Troubleshooting of issues around Fusion Middleware Server and
- Oracle RDBMS - 9i/10g/11g/12c/19c database
- Oracle Installation and database creation; DBA skills (physical
- Oracle Programming Skills (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Understanding of tools to manipulate data
- Performance Tuning
- Use of Oracle Enterprise Manager and other equivalent
- Oracle Real Applications Clusters (RAC)
- Backup, recovery and High Availability configuration
- Unix, Linux , windows and Scripting
- Knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP) , Linux (Red Hat , OEL)
and Windows Operating system
- Shell and batch script Programming skills
- Python and automation programming skills a plus
Keywords: Deloitte, Gilbert , OCI and Oracle Fusion Middleware Solution Specialist - NBI_US, IT / Software / Systems , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!