Mainframe Infrastructure Architect- Lead Level
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Mainframe
Infrastructure Architect - Lead Level for our Phoenix, AZ, Plano,
TX or Vista Campus in San Antonio, TX facility. A Mainframe
Infrastructure Architect sets technology direction, ensures project
implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to
innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. This job
ensures that technical strategy and direction for all of USAA is
identified, integrated across multiple business functions and
technical domains, and aligned to USAA's mission, brand pillars and
strategic priorities. Job Requirements ABOUT USAA USAA knows what
it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions
of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In
each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best
Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top
10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
to apply. ABOUT USAA IT Our most important qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every
day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive
and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a
top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a
row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority
Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine. See what it's like
to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose: USAA
Information Technology: A Realistic Preview PRIMARY
RESPONSIBILITIES * Technical Architects may perform in one or more
Architecture roles including solution architecture, domain
architecture or portfolio architecture.
* Solution Architecture: Conceptualizes technical complexity into
usable, largescale architectures that are compliant with
* Provides architectural solutions/designs to project execution
teams for implementation.
* Advises IT and business partners on matters of impact from
* Ensures architecture compliance of technology solutions Drafts,
evaluates, approves, and rejects architectural waivers.
* Maintains personal availability for troubleshooting.
* Provides professional and technical mentorship for Lead level IT
* Domain Architecture: Provides technology architectural
assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology
* Defines and documents architectural standards for a technology
domain. Facilitates IT and business community interaction to shape
architecture solutions and domain direction.
* Influences and oversees research projects that contribute to
* Identifies contributors and stakeholders for their technology
domain and leads collaboration efforts amongst that community.
* Provides USAA level influence for their technical domain.
* Portfolio Architecture: Contributes domain expertise in support
of the overall technology portfolio vision and strategy. MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS * Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field required OR
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 8 or more years of directly related experience to include at
least 2 years of related work experience in a technical leadership
role within IT required.
* Subject-matter-expert experience in technology application
development and/or infrastructure and operational
* Subject-matter-expert depth in a minimum of one technology domain
Technical depth for a domain of technology from an application,
infrastructure, operations, scalability, availability, performance,
people, process, and tooling perspective.
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS * Subject-matter-expert experience in IBM
mainframe hardware, software, and storage architectures for
Operating System (z/OS), Database (DB2, IMS), Transaction
Processing (CICS, IMS, MQ), Hardware/Storage (IBM Z processors, IBM
or EMC storage)
* 4 or more years of experience in a high availability environment
utilizing IBM parallel SYSPLEX, DB2 & IMS data sharing, and
* 4 or more years of experience designing and executing disaster
recovery for high transaction volume environments utilizing
parallel SYSPLEX with local and remote storage replication
* 4 or more years of experience designing and implementing private
cloud hosting on the mainframe platform utilizing Linux LPARs with
* 2 or more of experience as a Technical Architect in a Fortune 500
organization DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS USAA Technical Architects
Architects create innovative solutions that impact our members.
Collectively, we are: * Curious and excited by new ideas
* Energized by a fast-paced environment
* Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge
* Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but
* Community-focused, dependable and committee
* Exceptionally detail-oriented The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals. Relocation assistance is not available for
this position. For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager's approval prior to posting. Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 07/02/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Gilbert , Mainframe Infrastructure Architect- Lead Level, IT / Software / Systems , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!