Purpose of Job
USAA Life Company is looking for an FSA or Career ASA ready for
a new challenging role as a Life Actuary in our Annuity Pricing
area. This role will involve pricing and modeling of immediate and
deferred annuity products. This position can be located in the San
Antonio, Colorado Springs, Tampa, Phoenix Offices or 100% Remote
Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required
to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing
products, and/or determine financial strength. Performs complex
work assignments and problem resolution under limited
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For, and we've ranked among Victory Media's
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGKT_Nxdgc) (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwPQizcENY) (31 seconds)
* Under minimal supervision, performs complex work assignments
utilizing actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing,
valuation, and/or risk management.
* Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates
* May make adjustments and improvements to models, when
* Shares knowledge with team members and serves as a resource to
less experienced team members on escalated issues and navigates
obstacles to deliver work products
* Serves as a key resource on projects involving cross
functional actuarial areas.
* Leads moderately complex projects through concept, planning,
execution, and implementation phases with minimal guidance.
* Reviews and produces reporting with great attention to
* Identifies and resolves reporting problems independently and
improves reporting processes and controls.
* Maintains proper price level, price structure, data
availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and
* Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest
timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
* Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and
* Tests impact of assumptions and the appropriate premiums,
interest margins, reserves, and cash values for profitability and
viability of new and existing products
* Advises management on issues and serves as a primary resource
for cross functional team members on escalated issues.
* Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
* 4 or more years relevant business or analytical
* Attainment of Society of Actuaries Fellowship OR ASA with 4 or
more years of experience.
* Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Fixed Index Annuity pricing experience a plus
* 2 or more years general Annuity Pricing Experience
* Experience with Moodys Analytics AXISTM Models
* Experience with automating manual processes using VBA or other
The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire
or date of placement), or must have managers approval prior to
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
10/29/20 by 11:59 pm CST time .