Principal Mission Operations Engineer 3 - Tactical Space Systems
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Job Description - Principal Mission Operations Engineer 3 -
Tactical Space Systems (21006866) Principal Mission Operations
Engineer 3 - Tactical Space Systems Requisition ID : 21006866
Location : United States-Arizona-Gilbert US Citizenship Required
for this Position : Yes Relocation Assistance : Relocation
assistance may be available Clearance Type : None Shift : 1st Shift
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time Job Posting Category Description The
Mission Operations Develoment group is looking for a Mission
Operations engineer to join a growing team . This position is for a
full-time technical role located on our Gilbert, AZ campus. The
successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide mission operations support to NGSS Satellite
- Support system development activities such as requirements
management, architecture development, integration and test and
formal program milestones.
- Work with systems engineers to develop operational
documentation for use during on-orbit checkout and commissioning of
- Conduct testing using simulators and resolve
- Develop and test command procedures, telemetry pages, and other
products derived from vendor provided documentation
- Develop test procedures and test execution for system level,
end-to-end tests with the spacecraft.
- Support mission readiness activities including mission
rehearsals, mission timeline development, and post launch test
- Support launch, including limited shift work, for instrument
and spacecraft LEO&A activities.
- Monitor vehicle state of health across all subsystems.
- Perform short and long-term telemetry trending.
- Track space vehicle configuration, to include both hardware,
software, and configurable item parameters.
- Support anomaly resolution efforts.
- Make modifications to existing operations procedures to
incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance. Develop new
procedures as required.
- Provide status reporting through both the functional and
program reporting branches.
- Provide support to multiple programs.
- Maintain standards associated with the established
Integrated/Developmental Operations functional group
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the mission operations
- Support internal and external customer meetings through
proficient verbal and documented (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
- May require shift work and travel - 10% of the time for
simulation/rehearsal and launch support. Qualifications Basic
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related discipline and 5
years' experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD
- Prior experience conducting on-orbit mission operations or
resolving satellite/ground system anomalies.
- Experience with at least one S/C Subsystem (ADCS/GNC, command
and data handling, communications, power, Thermal, flight software,
orbital planning and dynamics, etc.)
- System engineering experience or significant classwork in
system engineering or system design
- Experience writing technical documents for internal or external
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including
ability to make persuasive presentations to external customers at
- Ability to work within a group of diversified individuals with
varying backgrounds to achieve mission success.
- Support of readiness activities to include; Mission Readiness
Tests (MRTs), Mission Rehearsals (MRs), Day In The Life (DITL) and
daily operations testing.
- Experience with spacecraft launch campaigns
- Prior experience with virtualized deployment of LINUX based
ground control software onto a ground system infrastructure
- Experience with MAESTRO or EPOCH command and control
- Familiarity with training and certification programs for space
- Experience working on government systems and/or government
- Current Active Security Clearance or ability to obtain security
clearance is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. What's great about
Northrop Grumman Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual
curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to
work. Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech
solutions that protect the world and shape a better future. Enjoy
benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time
off. Did you know? Many sites have 9/80 days, telework and flexible
scheduling options, plus generous paid time off. Indeed named
Northrop Grumman a top 15 company for work/life balance in 2019. We
were rated #1 by Millennials on Indeed as the Best Company to work
for in 2018. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining
a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship
is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay
Transparency statement, please visit
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Gilbert , Principal Mission Operations Engineer 3 - Tactical Space Systems, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!