Principal/Sr Principal Engineer RF Microwave Design (Space/Satellite Systems)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This position can be filled at either the Principal Engineer (level
3) or Sr Principal Engineer (level 4).
- Design and analysis of communications systems for satellite and
interplanetary applications. Familiar with analyses such as link
budgets, gain/loss budgets, noise figure, linearity, spurious,
- Requirements flow-down from top-level customer document to
- Cost account management for engineering portion of multi-year
program, including cost and labor estimating, task scheduling and
earned value tracking
- Prepare and present design reviews for internal and external
- Subcontractor management (some travel required) and
manufacturing interface definition including performance
specification, interface control drawing, and statement of work
generation, as well as continuous technical support throughout the
procurement life cycle
- Integration and test support for the communications systems
including unit-level functional and environmental testing,
spacecraft level testing, and in-orbit checkout
- Work with others from engineering and non-engineering
disciplines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Occasional 2nd or 3rd shift work and/or weekend work required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (or
related STEM field) with some combination of the following course
work: antennas, microwave theory, satellite communications,
radio-wave propagation, electromagnetics.
- Understanding of communications and microwave theory.
- U.S. citizen
- Ability to obtain Top Secret / SCI clearance
- Principal Engineer requires 5+ years of related experience. Sr.
Principal Engineer requires 9+ years of related experiencePreferred
- MSEE preferred.
- Hands-on experience with microwave component/system test a
- Ability to work with others from engineering and
non-engineering disciplines in a fast-paced team environment
- Good oral presentation skills and comfort with customer
- Ability to write technical documents clearly and
- Experience with microwave component/system measurement
- Active TS\SCI Security ClearanceNorthrop Grumman is committed
to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our
complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most
positions. Associated topics: 5g, analog, design engineer,
electrical, electrical engineer, electronics, lan, repair, system
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Gilbert , Principal/Sr Principal Engineer RF Microwave Design (Space/Satellite Systems), Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!