Server Assistant, Food & Beverage
Company: BlueStar Resort & Golf
Location: Queen Creek
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Server Assistant supports the dining room staff in providing
prompt and courteous service to guests. This position reports to
the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere and provide exceptional
hospitality by having a working knowledge of the resort facility
and dining area, to be able to respond to guest questions and speak
with enthusiasm about other resort services.
- Greet guests in an energetic and friendly fashion.
- Maintain effective communication with servers and respond to
their request for support.
- Work as a team. Clear tables after guests have left; take trays
of dirty dishes to the kitchen. Clean and reset tables.
- Help Servers carry trays of food or clear dishes, if requested.
Assure all guest needs are met and excellent service is
- Notice and report potential safety issues, issues about
cleanliness, or customer concerns to a supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead,
cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
Honesty and IntegrityRespect for the IndividualTeamworkCompetitive
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One to three months related server experience preferred.
- Must meet the state and federal minimum age requirement for
serving alcohol, if applicable.
- Current Food Handlers Card.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memorandums.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team
members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
- Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by
maintaining a positive attitude with team members and the
- Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work
independently with little supervision.
- Must demonstrate initiative, with an ability to think, work,
solve practical problems, and make independent decisions based on
- Must have good time management, organizational, and follow-up
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be
comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous
improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings
This position typically operates in an indoor restaurant
setting, but an employee may also be required to work on a patio or
for an outdoor event, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions
and occasionally native wildlife. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud. Outdoor environments may require walking
on variable terrain while carrying items and navigating typical
event obstacles, including, but not limited to, groups of people,
table set ups and decorations, plants and the natural
The physical demands described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to hear, see, speak clearly and understand the
speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment. This
position is very active and requires standing and walking for most
of a work shift. The position requires the ability to lift, balance
and carry, bend, reach, and serve from trays weighing up to 20
pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds. Frequent
hand washing is required. The employee must be able to navigate
busy work areas.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: BlueStar Resort & Golf, Gilbert , Server Assistant, Food & Beverage, Other , Queen Creek, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!