Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist - Phoenix
Company: Sonoran Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
"Curriculum & Instructional Support
The Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist is a
critical lever in improving student achievement. The role of the
Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist is to build teacher
capacity and their understanding of instructional practices as
related to the Arizona Academic Content Standards and Data Driven
Instruction. A Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist is a
learner who models continuous improvement, lifelong learning, and
goes above and beyond to ensure student success.
The Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist works
collaboratively with members of the District's Academic Team, under
the leadership and direction of the Chief Academic Officer. The
Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist actively promotes
reflection, provides guidance and structure where needed, and
focuses on strengths, collaboration and common issues of concern.
The Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist is responsible
for ensuring high-quality instruction in classrooms through
modeling, co-planning, co-teaching and providing feedback to
The position is a twelve-month Phoenix-based assignment
and reports directly to the Chief Academic Officer. It is NOT
supervisory and therefore, DOES NOT include evaluation of
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ROLES:
- Model lessons in classrooms on a daily/weekly basis.
- Support the instructional development of all teachers in
understanding Sonoran Schools' curriculum and varied assessments,
the Danielson Framework for Teaching (FfT), and data analysis.
- Build strong relationships with teachers and
- Provide direction and coordination for how the curriculum is
taught consistent with District initiatives and recognized best
- Create an articulated schedule with building and District
- Assist teachers in understanding Sonoran Schools' mission and
- Provide technical support to collaborative teams within
- Assist teachers with resources, materials, tools, information,
etc. to support classroom instruction and planning, including new
- Support teachers and administrators in using data to improve
instruction on all levels.
- Assist teachers with planning and pacing of lessons, the
development of differentiated lessons, and the selection of best
practices to meet the needs of their students.
- Support teachers by helping with the strategic how of teaching
-- share multiple instructional strategies/processes with teachers
during planning times.
- Informally observe (non-evaluative) lessons and provide
feedback for a teacher's professional growth and students'
- Develop staff members' knowledge, skills, attitudes, and
behaviors through a variety of professional development targeted
topics and designs.
- Develop coaching plans for teachers to ensure student
- Utilize Adult Learning Theory to motivate adult learners to
improve professional practice.
- Contribute to the development of systems and structures to
improve teacher practice within schools.
- Provide job-embedded informal professional learning beyond the
- Submit a coaching log and any pertinent data requests/coaching
documentation to the Chief Academic Officer, upon request.
- Develop, deliver, attend and participate in summer training
- Possess Arizona Department of Education certification,
preferably in Mathematics and/or Science. (SEI Endorsement is
- Possess a Master's degree in a related area: Curriculum and
Instruction, Educational Leadership, Elementary Education,
Secondary Education, English as a Second Language, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience teaching, with a record of
successfully impacting student achievement and working successfully
with students with the greatest needs.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with
colleagues, including the ability to create and nurture a
professional community of adult learners.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including giving and
receiving constructive feedback with preferred experience in
- Proven ability in using student-level data to guide
- Demonstrated Teacher Leadership.
- Strong pedagogical knowledge and content expertise.
- Demonstrated expertise in oral and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in Response to Intervention (RTI),
Specially Designed Instruction, SIOP Model, Essential Elements of
Instruction, Positive Behavior Intervention Supports, and
Multi-Tiered Support Systems.
- Models continual improvement, demonstrates lifelong learning,
and applies new learning to help all students achieve.
- Demonstrates evidence of professional growth, including
leadership and participation in a wide range of significant
professional development activities.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES AND SUCCESS MEASURES:
- Improve student and teacher performance in targeted areas as
- Increase in Professional Learning opportunities and
participation of staff across the District.
- Change in teaching practices.
Keywords: Sonoran Schools, Gilbert , Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist - Phoenix, Other , gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!