Location: Gold Canyon
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Arizona State Pharmacy Technician License and/or Training
Overseen by a licensed pharmacist pharmacy technicians receive
and fill prescription requests for customers, filling prescriptions
from hospitals, physicians, nurses or directly from the customer.
All technicians are either certified technicians or technician
trainees in accordance with current rules and regulations of the
Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Assisting pharmacist on duty with the filling and dispensing of
- Assuring customer satisfaction through pleasant and efficient
service, both on the telephone and in person.
- Complying with all applicable federal and state laws and the
rules and regulations of the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
- Performing counter service, receiving prescriptions and
checking patient information.
- Ringing sales on the register and completing sales transactions
of cash, credit or debit.
- Properly logging all third party transactions.
- Providing information and advice concerning the use and
purchase of over-counter medications and healthy food
- Providing telephone service, responding to all phone calls in a
professional and courteous manner.
- Taking patient refill requests over the telephone, calling
doctors' offices with refill requests, directing doctors' offices
calls to the pharmacist or pharmacy intern.
- Accepting verbal authorization for refill prescriptions.
- Handling all other patient calls, transferring them to the
pharmacist or other areas/departments of the grocery store.
- Maintaining computer patient files and prescription
- Preparing prescriptions, including counting, pouring and
reconstituting drugs with pharmacist's verification.
- Affixing prescription labels, bagging completed prescriptions
and placing them in the pick-up section.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must
be at least 18-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
This description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified
employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the
Keywords: Basha's, Gilbert , Pharmacy Tech, Other , Gold Canyon, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!