Company: GEO Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Facility: ARIZONA STATE PRISON - FLORENCE WEST
Compensation Base: 12.15 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under close supervision, this position performs standard and
routine accounting duties related to inmate accounts
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all business office responsibilities including
accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory control
and general office management.
- Serves as accounting clerk handling daily accounting and
month-end closing activities.
- Assists with preparing and tracking monthly and annual budgets
- Maintains payment card (P-Card) system transactions.
- Codes accounts payable invoices for proper account distribution
for the utilizing facility. An invoice that is out of the ordinary
or unusual requires management approval.
- Communicates telephonically and in a professional manner with
regionals, directors, other facility staff and vendors as necessary
regarding the appropriateness of purchases and the proper
allocation of expenses.
- Updates and maintain current billing files so accurate records
are maintained enabling processing of timely billing reports.
- Prepares and submit daily activity reports/count sheets to
contracting agencies ensuring accurate, timely submittal in
accordance with contractual requirements.
- Prepares contractual monthly billing report ensuring accurate,
timely submittal in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Provides copy of all monthly billings to company corporate
office in a timely manner.
- Edits for discrepancies and prepares punch detail report for
final processing of payroll to meet bi-weekly payroll deadline and
ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience preferred.
- Familiar with general accounting principles, fiscal budget
control procedures and computerized accounting.
- Review and understand documents as they pertain to accounts
- Handle a variety of tasks as they relate to accounting.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner
that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Manage workflow in an orderly manner.
- Express thoughts logically, in both written and verbal form
using correct grammar.
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of
duties. Proficient with computers and the necessary software used
by the facility.
Keywords: GEO Group, Gilbert , ACCOUNTING CLERK, Other , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!