Company: Hunter Contracting
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where
you feel like part of the family and not just another employee
number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter
Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm
serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working,
high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with
our project needs. We are seeking a Grading Foreman who is
responsible to oversee, direct, and manage the activities of
workers engaged in excavations and grading of all right of way for
construction projects in coordination with the Project
- Understanding project plans, installation and construction of
roadways and structures.
- Studying contract documents (i.e., specifications, details and
plans) and estimates to establish construction procedures for each
phase of construction based on start and completion times, staffing
requirements and knowledge of available tools, equipment,
personnel, and building methods.
- Estimating material, equipment, and worker requirements to
- Leading and directing workers and subcontractors, ensuring
production quality, safety and productivity, and ensuring any
production or personnel problems are resolved effectively.
- Verifying and recording production data.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and discussing the project progress with
project team, coordinating any activities with other departments or
- Ensures curvature of grading surfaces established by survey and
set by grade checkers.
- Supervises workers engaged in operating machines to build,
tamp, smooth and establish the elevation for subgrade of highway,
streets, sidewalks, culverts and landscaped areas.
- Ensuring adherence with safety standards.Work Qualifications:
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Experience in leadership techniques, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, operating practices and the
tools involved in construction projects.
- Ability to motivate, develop, train, and lead people as they
work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions, plans,
specifications, and contract documents.
- Ability to work without close supervision and be able to adapt
to a wide variety of conditions.Education & Work Experience
- Two (2) or more years supervisory experience; AND,
- Minimum 5 years construction experience.
- Must have experience operating heavy equipment.
- Possesses a valid Drivers License.
- Underground and structural experience a plus.What we are proud
to offer you :
- Dental/ Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday and Sick Time Pay
- Company Vehicle We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug
Screens Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement Hunter provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training,
apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training. M/F/D/V
Keywords: Hunter Contracting, Gilbert , Grading Foreman, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!