Peer Mentor I
Company: Arizona's Children Association
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Would you like to help build a stronger Arizona for children and
families? Would you like to make a direct impact, right in your own
community? We have a great opportunity for you to join our team as
a Peer Mentor! As a Peer Mentor with Arizona's Children Association
you will have the opportunity to provide support and guidance to
youth who are in the custody of the Arizona Department of Child
Safety (DCS), or who have previously experienced foster care.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the
oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and
behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in
all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and
services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and
families each year. When working with AzCA, you'll be surrounded by
highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our
mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most
valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to
aid your health and wellness including:
- We have a whole new comprehensive benefits package for 2021!
Click hereto view our 2021 Benefits Guide for full details!
- All full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are
eligible and we offer several plans for Medical, Dental, and Vision
so you can choose the option right for you and your family!
- Plans are effective the first of the month following 30 days of
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health
Savings Account (HSA), Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability and
Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and
- Employee Wellness and Support Time every Friday morning
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan provided through Mutual of
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our team!
What You'll Do:
Essential Job Functions:
- Empowers youth to resolve current issues and develop strategies
for the future.
- Provides a model for healthy, trusting relationships through
clear communication and setting appropriate boundaries.
- Acknowledges youth's strengths and talents and encourages them
to find ways to maximize their strengths when building meaningful
relationships with family and/or other connections.
- Actively listens and offers support and encouragement.
- Engages in activities outside of the youth's placement to help
expose them to new opportunities and experiences.
- Meets in person with assigned youth at minimum, once per
- Attends and actively participate as a support to the youth in
any internal and/or external meetings.
- Assists in educating the youth to ensure they are making
informed decisions related to their placement, education,
employment and services.
- Values and builds collaborative relationships with AzCA
internal partners and external stakeholders and identifies
resources beneficial for the youth they are mentoring.
- Completes required documentation timely and utilizes
- Maintains and/or continually grows current knowledge of
relevant child welfare and behavioral health care resources and
shares best practice information, as appropriate.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High school diploma/GED and some college or post-secondary
- Previously involved with the child welfare system within the
last seven to 10 years & successfully completed their case
- Experience working with youth involved in DCS providing
encouragement through first-hand experience and motivation to the
Minimum Qualification & Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver's license and be insurable under
the agency's automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients'
homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance
requirements for the position. An individual may qualify for this
position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the
essential functions of the position with or without reasonable
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
Keywords: Arizona's Children Association, Gilbert , Peer Mentor I, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!