Patient Care Technician (PCT) (21105-147)
Company: United Surgical Partners International
Posted on: June 6, 2021
United Surgical Partners International is a company that
specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical
Facilities in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical
services for local communities and recognize our employees as our
number one assets. USPI's mission is to provide first-class
surgical services for the local community in a safe, comfortable
and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat
our own families. Under the general supervision of the Charge Nurse
and Clinical Director, you will provide direct patient care. In
this role you will be assisting patients with changing linens,
ambulation, and transport. While also maintaining a clean and
orderly patient care environment.
- Assists during patient examinations and procedures.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs, provides nutritional
intake and reports results and observations.
- Demonstrates the primary goal of efficiently providing surgical
and/or procedural services that exceed customer expectations and
improve clinical and financial operations.
- Transports patients from Registration to Pre-Op as needed.
- Follows employee health and other personnel and staffing
- Knows and adheres to policies of the Center and demonstrates
- Follows standards, policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
for peri-operative nursing care according to accepted
- Maintains and demonstrates current skills and knowledge in
- Demonstrates ability to understand the unique needs of each age
group of the patient population.
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood
- Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the
standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed
including the practices and records relating to the use and
disclosure of Protected Health Information.
Shall be physically able to stand, walk, and maintain varied
body motions and positions for long periods of time. Demonstrates
manual dexterity. The employee shall be able to use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects or tools. The employee is required
to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Shall be able to move up to 100 pounds.
The ideal candidate should;
- Have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to present information in
one-on-one and small group situations to patients, physicians, and
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be team oriented.
- Flexible, reliable, productive, patient-oriented, and
- reflect a positive demeanor
- Is thorough and has high ability to anticipate needs.
- Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of
stress and crisis situations.
High school graduate or equivalent. Current CPR or BLS. CNA, MA
or other certifications preferred. Demonstrates necessary clinical
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Gilbert , Patient Care Technician (PCT) (21105-147), Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!