Sr Manufacturing Engineer
Company: The Cooper Companies
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for automation & manufacturing improvement projects
for the Gilbert, AZ SEC CooperVision manufacturing plant.
Provides Engineering support for CRT lenses production of 560K
lenses per year and RGP buttons production of 1.25M buttons per
Co-responsible for CAPEX budget of $2M per year.
Responsible for leading and supporting new process/equipment
design, implementation, validation, operation as well as
optimization of existing processes/equipment. The successful
candidate will be able to develop automation and manufacturing
engineering designs and improvements through the utilization of a
range of process engineering and project engineering skills. The
overall objective of this position is to improve quality, cost, and
speed to market
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
- Implementation of new automation for manufacturing, assembly &
packaging, metrology equipment/systems, including design,
development, engineering, validation, and continuous operation.
Creation and execution of all required procedures/work
instructions, training, and maintenance systems to support new
- Drive/Support manufacturing innovation strategies to improve
manufacturing quality, safety, cycle time and labor content.
- Perform routine troubleshooting activities for automated
systems. Support of automation for manufacturing processes,
including troubleshooting, operator assistance, data reporting,
- Analyze and evaluate existing processes through tracking of
production metrics to identify areas for improvement while
providing engineering support to keep production equipment
operating at optimum efficiencies.
- Assist in solving complex problems, analyzing possible
solutions using standard methodologies, procedures, experience,
judgement, and precedents.
- Use 3D CAD design software, design fixtures and components for
equipment, assembly, testing, and inspection, and work with
internal or external services to manufacture fixtures.
- Develop specifications, validation protocols and reports of
activities associated with processes and equipment.
- Provide project direction to lead, make sound team-based
decisions, foster teamwork and maintain project goal-oriented
focus, drive team to meet established timelines. Determine and
drive for stretch goals.
- Generate project progress reports and update management during
scheduled project meetings.
- Document project activities in accordance with internal and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 8 years of experience as an engineer with
process/equipment automation focus.
- Proficiency with PLC programming, 3D CAD design, solid works,
engineering design and development, and knowledge of
instrumentation and sensing technologies related to medical devices
- Must have a demonstrated track record of successfully
participating in implementation of control systems, components, and
- Knowledge in process design and development, error proofing,
statistical process control and monitoring. Knowledge and practical
experience of the use of Lean Six Sigma tools would be an
- Project management skills
- Ability of self-learning, self-directing, natural curiosity and
problems solving as well as work
- Team-oriented focus with an ability to find innovative
- Careful attention to detail to ensure accurate and precise
execution of work tasks and procedures.
- Technical writing ability to support the development and
drafting of reports and validation documents
- Intermediate skill in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Normal manufacturing and office environment with some exposure
to dust, heat and cold.
- May be required to travel as needed, up to an estimated
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years in automation development and
implementation, preferably in the medical devices industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or
Keywords: The Cooper Companies, Gilbert , Sr Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!