Maintenance Technician 2
Company: J.F. Shea
Location: Queen Creek
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Encanterra Country Club
Encanterra features eighteen holes of golf, two Resort Clubs,
multiple dining options, state-of-the-art health and fitness
facilities, exceptional tennis and pickleball complexes, indoor and
outdoor pools and a full-service Alvea Spa, which recently was
named the state's top Clubhouse Spa by Arizona Foothills magazine.
Our weddings & events spaces are also among the best in the San Tan
Where: Queen Creek, 45 minutes from downtown Phoenix &
The Maintenance Technician II performs maintenance duties,
including rough carpentry, painting, and basic equipment and
facility repairs. Electrical work, basic plumbing repairs, and HVAC
equipment maintenance are also assigned. They are viewed as leaders
in the department and train new technicians. This position reports
to the Director or Facilities or the Facility Manager.
- Provide superior quality building maintenance to meet the
requirements of members and guests.
- Maintain tools and maintenance equipment in working order. Keep
maintenance room organized.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks to inspect equipment.
Report quality issues and equipment malfunctions to supervisor and
follow up with the appropriate action for repair.
- Assemble tools and supplies from the supply room and transport
them to the work area for daily assignments.
- Work in a safe manner and use all personal protective equipment
(safety gear) assigned.
- Be aware of safety requirements and report unsafe conditions or
accidents to supervisor.
- Perform simple carpentry tasks, such as installing shelves,
hooks, and locksets.
- Change light bulbs and fixtures. Perform skilled electrical
tasks, such as changing circuit breakers.
- Open clogged drains, fix leaks, and perform other related
- Do touch-up painting and repaint rooms.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and moving furniture
- Maintain building inventories and supplies.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and
- Strong team-building skills, including the ability to lead,
cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be a role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years' experience in one of the following:
Electrical Repairs, Plumbing Repairs, Finish Carpentry, Ceramic and
Porcelain Tile Installation, Welding, HVAC, Painting and Wall
- Current First Aid or other safety certifications, as required
by the Club.
- Ability to read building drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team
members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
- Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by
maintaining a positive attitude with team members and the
- Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work
independently with little supervision.
- Must demonstrate initiative, with an ability to think, work,
solve practical problems, and make independent decisions based on
- Must have good time management, organization, and follow-up
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards;
attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness is expected.
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be
comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous
improvement is expected.
- Must be able to carry out assigned projects with little to no
supervision. Make decisions when needed if management is not
- Must be able to train and mentor other staff as needed.
- This position requires a flexible schedule, which may include
evenings and weekends.
- Must have CPO certification.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
- This position works in an indoor and outdoor environment.
- There may be frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and
outdoor weather conditions.
- Outdoor environments may require walking while carrying
equipment or driving a vehicle to the work site.
- The employee is occasionally exposed native wildlife.
- There may be occasional exposure to precarious places, fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate,
but can vary depending on the equipment or machines used.
- Employees are required to wear all assigned personal protective
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- This position is very active and may require standing and
moving for the duration of a shift. It may also include sitting and
driving, lifting, pushing and pulling, digging, bending, kneeling,
crawling, climbing and using a ladder, using hands to fingers with
manual dexterity to use hand tools and paint, touching and holding,
and reaching with hands and arms; regularly required to speak and
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 50
pounds; heavier items may require assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Gilbert , Maintenance Technician 2, Other , Queen Creek, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!